Model Cars Magazine Forum

After 11 years, I'm getting back into building. During my lay off, I purchased a Testers Decal Maker disk figuring it would be helpful when I got back in the hobby. Unforntunately, it is pretty basic. I noticed Testers has two more upgrade disks. I'd like to make my own decals for my truck models, instead of using the big picture graphics a lot of kits have. Have any of you used these disks or is there a better program to make my own decals?

I haven't heard much positive about the Testor's decal maker program.

I make quite a few of my own decals, I just use the micro soft paint program that comes with Windows for most of them. I set them up on the page for printing by inserting them into a word file.

Here are some decals I've made this way for some of my projects.

Avenger1.jpg

Hazmat.jpg

Bronco.jpg

I use the Testors Decal system...only when I need decals sloped, angled or semi circle.....I even stopped using their paper because for some reason no matter how I applied the sealer the color always ran. I ordered the decal system from Micro-Mark itll be here waiting for my next trip home. My view of the testors system..... could use a lot of improvement but thats just my opinion