Model Cars Magazine Forum

paint ques

hi eve1...could some1 plz tell me what the H happened ...i shot my model with dupli-color gloss black...then cause i had an extra hood i shot it with dupli-color clear just to see how good it was never used there clear be4....well instead of a nice gloss finish it turned dull....aslo is dupli-color lacquer??...thanks....neal

Dupli-Color is an acrylic enamel. I assume that you are using spray cans.

Therefore, one suggestion is to heat the can slightly with a pan of warm water prior to spraying. This along with a good 5 minutes of shaking will activate the glossy agents in the paint you are using.

Drying can effect the gloss as well especially if the item painted is allowed to dry in a cool humid location. However once dry, the paint can be polished back to a glossy sheen. Even clear.

thanks jairus...yes im using a rattle can...i did shake it prety good and im in ocala fl so its not cool i usually use tamiya clear but the hobbies shop was out so i figured i'd try dupli-color...wont use it again...i polished the paint and waxed it came out pretty good....thanks.....neal