Model Cars Magazine Forum

CLASS OF '58

Ramfins59

James, I did the yellow '58 Buick Roadmaster convertible that's in the pictures. You can see more pictures of it in my Under Glass thread for it few months ago. I'll try soon on the "sunshine" pic.

Ray, I added the third brake light on the Sedan Delivery. If I remember correctly, I used a small scoop shaped piece of plastic for the housing, filed down a small piece of red sprue for the lens, and attached a PE taillight bezel.

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging comments.

Wow nice collection, Richard! I really like them all, but somehow that '58 Chevy Pro Street just fits to my eye perfectly. Maybe it's because I'm building the same car as Pro Streeter with Blown 409 in it. But as I said, all of them are very nice.

James, I did the yellow '58 Buick Roadmaster convertible that's in the pictures. You can see more pictures of it in my Under Glass thread for it few months ago. I'll try soon on the "sunshine" pic

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging comments.

Found it ..

THREEQUARTERFRONT800x596.jpg

Sweet collection! Any more pics of the Impala?

Here ya go Tommy. First of all, there's a bit of a story that goes along with this car... I'll keep it short. When I was growing up back in the Bronx, NY around 1959, my stepfather was the superintendent of the apartment bldg. where we lived. A guy who also lived in that building owned a '58 Chevy Impala that he customized the "bolt-on" way. It was Black, nosed and decked, with a tube grille, had half-moon headlight shields, 4 bar spinner front hubcaps, lake pipes, cruiser skirts, twin mirrors, dummy spotlights and swept back antenna's, 6 '59 Caddy bullet taillights and a full continental kit. He would park that car at the curb in front of the apartment building every day...... and I would drool over it every day...!!! His car got me into liking cars and building models. I built this model using the Revell '58 Impala kit with Bob Dudek lake pipes, Modelhaus '59 Dodge Royal Lancer hubcaps and a Modelhaus resin continental kit. I made the rear bumper extension myself using pieces from the 2 rear bumpers in the Revell kit. The Black Widow name on the connie kit is my own addition. I'm glad you like it because it is one of my favorite models.

THREEQUARTERVIEWFRONT-1.jpg

58IMPALASIDEVIEW-1.jpg

THREEQUARTERREARVIEW.jpg

IMPALAENGINECOMPARTMENT.jpg

58IMPALACONNIEKIT.jpg

Thank you so very much Lee, Michael, Gramps, Tony, David and Mark. I sincerely appreciate all of your encouragement.

Mark, the Buick is a resin kit from The Modelhaus. Their stuff is awesome. The castings are perfect with next to no cleanup needed. They're almost like working on a plastic kit. A little pricey but well worth it IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just finished a 58 Impala and I had no idea Modelhaus made a connie kit for it, until I read this thread.

Nice collection with a lot of very crisp and neat work. I think you can afford to be less modest. These really are very nice indeed :)