Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carroll Shelby tribute community build.

wgflatliner

Got some very nice work going on here. Here's my contribution. This should have been done a month ago but I stalled when my paint job went south and put it aside for a while. I started with the Revel Motor City Muscle 1:24 kit and painted and assembled it straight from the box except I added plug wires. I was looking for a simple build as a break from some longer projects and this kit went together very easily. Paint on the body and interior as well as primers were all Rustoleum rattle cans with Testors product used for all brush work. I was a little concerned about the decal stripes going down smooth but with a little Decal Set they laid down nice, even over the hood scoop. The finished paint job isn't as nice as I would like but I can live with it. Hope you enjoy it. Keep the faith.

gallery_8811_712_540444.jpggallery_8811_712_154175.jpggallery_8811_712_541347.jpg

Looks good, Joe.

Here is my update. 2006 Shelby GT-H box stock with flocking and minimal bare metal foil on the undercarriage.

f23f663b758e543d06e687fb86e6d4f8.jpg

b111b3ad8a554fff78cf9de91219d181.jpg

553084e980e6b5401c1351a8092316b4.jpg

2c7d83f4e7a3e2b6621513330fbce505.jpg

45066aebc461273477489a32b9e4ab0e.jpg

I'm going to try and have it done by the weekend.

What's left:

Intake tube and filter

Strut bar

Side vents

Wet sand/polish paint and wax

Windows with rear view mirror

Headlights and tail lights

Wheels

Exhaust tips

• 3 weeks later...

some nice builds going on here , I'll join in when I've made a bit of space on the bench , I have a 66 GT350 and GT350 H in my stash so I feel a side by side build coming on .

66MustangGT350s002-vi.jpg

I got the GT350 H off ebay , the body has been painted realy badly and has a finish like sand paper , other than that it is unstarted , I started rubbing it down , hopefully I can salvage it .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used Testor's Boyd's Alumina Yellow which was as close as I could get to pearlescent yellow with what I had on hand. It has a bit of a greenish tinge to it. I have found yellow can be a hard color to match.

More on this Cobra can be found Under Glass at

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65165&hl=

I really like the Gulf Stream Aqua you have used on your 69 Shelby. What paint is that?

• 2 weeks later...

CSX21281-vi.jpg

CSX21282-vi.jpg

Cobra CSX 2128 was originally built as a Team Shelby racecar for the 1963 Sebring race for drivers Dan Gurney, Lew Spencer and Dave McDonald. To get it ready in time it was painted with a spray can. The car went on to wide exposure on the cover of the “Hey Little Cobra” record album. Allen Grant was a Shelby employee who aspired to be a team driver. He sold CSX 2128 to Coventry Motors with the provision that he be the driver. Allen Grant was out to impress Carroll Shelby with his racing ability so to make sure his Cobra was as visible as possible on the race track, he had his buddy George Lucas an aspiring movie maker to design an eye-popping livery. Built from AMT kit.