Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Impala - first kit for a few years

wagoneer

I've been out of modelling for 5 years or so, making the house nice and being a daddy. Now the kids are older I can get back to it. So, first kit back in is an AMT 64 Impala. This is a beauty, metal axles that go through the block too!

Anyway, I needed a quick build to get me going again and this is it. First up, a drop of paint on the body. Raiding the rattle can collection yielded some Volkswagen orange and some wheel silver, so on they went.

47ce70fa269ab0b191b9d0743384572e9620184d

Lots of lovely orange peel. Nice. I gave it a quick going over with some 3600 grade paper. This is going to be a quick build to get me going, not a contest winner.

Then I wanted some detail on the roof. I deliberately used silver on the roof to give a good background for the next stage:

d02ec519c23e06ad69af645f11cf14872be993ba

7c667fa51919e5b7c19f449d3fa95c36a9cd36ae

I'm happy with that. Now, I need some clear over all that before I move on to the bare metal foil.

Please, anyone, if the images are too big (1000px wide) can you tell me. I'm using a PC for the first time and it does strange things to what I see on screen. My familiar territory is Mac which doesn't do things I don't ask it to!

Thanks guys, it's nice to get some feedback.

Shelby, I made those transfers myself by photoshopping an image of lace, colouring it and then printing onto some laser clear transfer paper. Fortunately for me I'm a graphic artist so that stuff comes easy to me, plus we have a good laser printer at work which makes doing transfers easy.

Thanks Erik, I was worried that the pictures would be too large (a bit fuzzy I know) as I keep making the whole screen on the pc larger without knowing how! My Mac is in an outbuilding insulated with foil covered foamboard so the wireless network can't reach it meaning I'm having to use a pc laptop in the house for posting.