Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Some beautifully cast parts from Danny @ Scenes Unlimited, including a clutch/flywheel/pressure plate set, brake drums, backing plates and hubs/wheel studs/axles. I won't ever use kit-supplied wheel backs again. :)

SUparts1.jpg

I've ordered a bunch of goodies the last few days, got a few eBay goodies in the mail Saturday and today--an unbuilt MPC '79 Volare Road Runner (I have both of the '77 kits, didn't have any later ones), some wheels from Scenes Unlimited, and some parts from Missing Link Resin (uptop for the AMT '59 Imperial, early '70s Torino/Mustang/Maverick hubcaps, and a Ford 6 cyl)..

@Mike- Well, I'm a little disappointed that they didn't call me today. Hopefully tomorrow before I call them. Was out all day on the other side of town, so I wasn't able to call them or stop in.

Anyway...My wife and her daughter were out today doing a little shopping, and of course they had to stop at their favorite thrift store after Wally World. Well, as soon as she saw it, she didn't call or hesitate, and bought me this.......IMG_3383.jpgDid you see the price? Except for one of the front suspension springs...it is complete. There were even 4 small bottles of paint in the box too.IMG_3384.jpgIMG_3385.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

Inthe past week while I was up north at work, all of this stuff came in:

2 - 68 Impalas, 1 69 impala, resin top kick, hobby designs nissan gtr detail up set, and an original SEALED 75 caprice.

576eccc7.jpg

stopped at a hobby shop while passing through a city on my drive home from work, and grabbed this stuff

d817f53c.jpg

Edited by mademan

Well I got to the Hobby Shop And got some basic tools, so that I can do a little work on some builds:

Light Duty knife handle and some blades, Needle Files, Pin vice and micro drill bits, 52 tooth razor saw,Flex sanding stick from 320-12000 grit, sanding mesh 600-12000grit, wet or dry sanding film 320-1000grit. Red Sable paint brushes # 3/0, 0, 1,3, &5 round, 2, 3, & 5 Flat, and a couple of day light lamps!

My most recent e-bay score showed up ( the photo was terrible) but I'm glad I bid I got a 3 jeep lot for opening bid of 9.99$ won it uncontested ( guy said display shelf had fallen during bad storm) made it sound like the models were smashed to smitha rines! Not the case - I got 3 complete and very nice jeeps 2 hard to get especially the jeepster, 2nd was a commando(same as mount n goat reissue) although I'm sure this is mpc original, and a revell cj-7. Best part was I got a targa(soft/convertable) top and a hardtop (interchangable between comando and jeepster). Great day today. All I need to do is figure out how to fill in fake rust holes and rebuild some suspention and. Drivetrain

I have rolled the dice a few times, or caught a glimpse of a part in a junkyard/parts lot and had a feeling it might be worthwhile to bid, so you win some, you lose some, and some you never even bid on.

I did get a nice +-shaped Funny Car 'chute in trade from Clay in FL, and the '60 Chevy Custom Fleetside in trade from Mike (mikemodeler), so it's been a good week.

:Hobby lobby is cleaning house and marking down kits again to make way for some of those awsome re-issues coming back like. Studebaker*vanti, meyers manx, a lot of amt/ mpc with older/ retro box arts.... Long story short I begged the wife and I got the boss 302 stang marked down to 12 and change from 23 and change not bad almost half off

Today I got 1,040 rounds of 9mm. Does that count ?

ammo001.jpg

Well, let's just say I won't ever think about saying, or doing, anything wrong to you. :) Have to say, spending an evening at the firing range is a good way to release stress.

What did I get today? I got a splitting headache from dealing with the idiot management at work! That's life at the good ol' U.S.P.S., I guess. I really hope we get a Postmaster General who actually has a clue how to run the Postal Service after November's election instead of the clown who's there now.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...