Model Cars Magazine Forum

Callin' It "DONE" Another first build in years....Revell Kenworth (snap)

Finally getting started again after a looooong break away from building,starting out with something a lil' simple and also trying some new things that I have learned with all the awesome builds and tips from all the members here..Thanks everyone.....please by all means comment,good,bad,ugly,or indifferent,because I am open to all advise and or ideas...thanks for looking.. k1.jpg Things sure have changed since last build....mainly the eyes!!! :blink:k2.jpg The kit....Actually a nice kit for the $$$ and being a "snapper" k3.jpg Color choice.....have this weird love for purple and orange together :)

k4.jpg

Edited by Badluck 13

The following pics are of the engine,trying plumbing and wiring for the first time,this is where I am not sure about location and such so any advice or comments here would be very helpful....

k10.jpg

k11.jpg

k12.jpg

k13.jpg

k15.jpg

More later,this will be a sloooooow project due to work,being a single dad and Baby Girl's bowling,yes it looks like I may have a Lil' future PBA champ!! B)

Nice progress on the engine. This might help with wiring it: http://public.fotki....july_1991_cate/ , but it looks like you've done a good job without it.

SWEET!!!!,Jim thanks so much for the link!!!,cuz I couldn't find good shots for some of the other plumbing,this will get me rollin' so I can finish up the engine!!!!...Thanks again!

This looks like a very good start. I like your attitude. A lot of poeple do not care about the seams but they always downgrade otherwise good model. And even a simple plumbing gets the model to a higher level. The old CM articles are great help. I usually spend hours searching the net and hount pictures of the engines to find out the way they are plumbed and how the things are attached. Truckpapaer is a good source of these pics but it takes time to find what you need. Good luck with your build.

• 4 weeks later...

....Got just a lil' more done on the Kenworth....vety little :huh: Need to take tips from Baby Girl,Also like to thank Anthony Oteri for heads up on "Sophisticated Finishes" for the "Rust" tip!!!.....as always comments welcomed,good,bad,indifferent ;)

018-2.jpg

025-3.jpg

027-2.jpg

029-2.jpg

Much happier with the exhaust results compaired when I always painted them "New never fired"look,still need more practice at it.

031-2.jpg

More to come...............eventually :lol:

Finally getting started again after a looooong break away from building,starting out with something a lil' simple and also trying some new things that I have learned with all the awesome builds and tips from all the members here..Thanks everyone.....please by all means comment,good,bad,ugly,or indifferent,because I am open to all advise and or ideas...thanks for looking.. k1.jpg Things sure have changed since last build....mainly the eyes!!! :blink:k2.jpg The kit....Actually a nice kit for the $$$ and being a "snapper" k3.jpg Color choice.....have this weird love for purple and orange together :)

k4.jpg

Alright Mike! Yes the eyes ARE different, aren't they? Man, when I got back to this hobby about a year ago I couldn't see clearly enough up close. It was a lot better some 30 odd years ago! I got the glasses and everything's good again.

So about those wheels, you should have a look at what Tim Ahlborn did with a similar "snap" Peterbilt 359. See it on the www.timstrucks.com in the "workbench" section, it really is a nice piece. He changed the kit wheels for two hole buds with resin tires, it does a nice job. Keep at it man it's really coming along!

Mike,

I like the interior details and the dash especially, that looks great. Also that rusty manifold on the engine looks very realistic. I may try that on a future build. Such a simple snap kit, but yet with a bit of imagination it can be transformed into a very inrteresting truck. Very Nice work!!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Small progress on the Kenny,got the"Yellow" plumbed and installed and "dirtied"up....my first try at it,comments,advice,good,bad,or ugly welcome.......

434.jpg

427.jpg

429.jpg

430.jpg

425.jpg

More to come...slowly....very slowly.....need to start body work on cab next so I can get some coloer on it....thanks for lookin'

Mike, that really looks great!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't think I'm just trying to be negative when I say this but there's one small thing that really detracts from the overall appearance. That mold line of the outlet pipe and down pipe. If you were to go back and scrape those off and then repaint, it would really make it more realistic!!!

If your happy with it as is, that's great, I just think it's so close to looking pefect, it would be a shame to overlook such an easy to fix area.

I would like to know how you painted that turbo!!!!!! It looks like rusted iron!!!!!!!

Mike, that really looks great!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't think I'm just trying to be negative when I say this but there's one small thing that really detracts from the overall appearance. That mold line of the outlet pipe and down pipe. If you were to go back and scrape those off and then repaint, it would really make it more realistic!!!

If your happy with it as is, that's great, I just think it's so close to looking pefect, it would be a shame to overlook such an easy to fix area.

I would like to know how you painted that turbo!!!!!! It looks like rusted iron!!!!!!!

Ben,how could you be so negative???? :lol: .....No honestly,Thank You, I am glad you pointed that out because you are so right,never noticed it until now....will be yanking it off and re-doing it.

As far as the rust,Anthony Oteri gave me the heads up on "Sophisticated Finishes",got it at Michaels,the stuff is awesome and very easy to use!!!

Ben,how could you be so negative???? :lol: .....No honestly,Thank You, I am glad you pointed that out because you are so right,never noticed it until now....will be yanking it off and re-doing it.

As far as the rust,Anthony Oteri gave me the heads up on "Sophisticated Finishes",got it at Michaels,the stuff is awesome and very easy to use!!!

I didn't know if I should say anything or not. Some people take it as their work being put down. I'm just trying to offer help. I'm certainly not a perfect builder but if I know of something that will help make a model look better. I'll try to politely suggest it.