Model Cars Magazine Forum

Callin' It "DONE" Another first build in years....Revell Kenworth (snap)

Still that is some nice work. Are you going to use a small paint bush to blacken out the hinges,and the square holes?

If I feel ridiculously brave I will try to cut the holes open,but more than likely I will just black it out....originally when I purchased this kit my plans was to just build the thing out of box as a "get back into" model building,but NOOoooooooooo :blink:

Its official,my first build since 1997,a simple kit that was suppose to get me back into the"Swing"of things....It was just gonna be "Out Of The Box" build but as the build started and seeing all the talent and ideas,tips here I decided to try a lot of "First"times and grant it not the best and greatest thing built,but I am happy with the results for the most part and I learned a lot along the way of the build and also "To Do's"and "Not To Do's" on the next project.....Thanks for every ones help and encouragement and please any comments,ideas,tips etc.,please as I can take criticism,how else can one learn??.....Thanks for lookin'

051-2.jpg

049-3.jpg

047-3.jpg

046-2.jpg

043-2.jpg

Edited by Badluck 13

very nice! those kits seem to build very well. the paint job looks great! what kind of trailer are you hooking it to?

....I have no clue as of yet,I did good just to get this far :lol: .......but really I don't know....open for suggestions!!

........Wow thanks guys for the positive comments.......

Edited by Badluck 13

Just about anything will look good behind this tractor. The any of the AMT Fruehauf trailers, or the Ertl Great Dane trailers. Maybe even the Moebius Great Dane trailer. The Wilson Livestock trailer will not fit due to the fixed fifth wheel and the belly on the trailer. Also, you might have to widen the hole in the fifth wheel to accept to AMT kingpin.

That´s a very nice snapper. I have this kit myself and I haven´t noticed that the grill looks so real. Is it just black washed?

Thanks!!!,yes the grille was just black washed a couple of times ...I just used cheapie "Americana Acrylic" from Michaels cost $.50 a bottle then I went over it again with a light coat with "The Detailer" black wash...

I think that this truck would look good with a custom painted 'NASCAR' dropdeck 40-footer behind it... I'd paint the trailer to match the truck... That would be a fine looking combo.

You know,I honestly thought of the "NASCAR" trailer also painted the same as the truck and I have an old un-built Revell ASA T-Bird I could do the same to go with it...thats if I could find a decent priced one....

Buy it now, 29.99 with 11.99 shipping.... They are still pretty affordable and this is in the ballpark for what these trailers usually sell for. Hope this helps!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item589391d3ed

This one's a few more dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMT-KODAK-TRAILER-TRANSPORTER-VINTAGE-1-25-TRUCK-Model-Car-Mountain-KIT-FS-/140747219393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c53021c1

There're usually two or three on eBay at a time. These are the same kits as the old moving van trailers, just redecaled... If you don't do eBay, I buy and sell so I could help you out...

Edited by Wagoneer81