Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 OLDSMOBILE COUPE

bryan_m

since this car has that HUGE apron at the front of the hood, i figured i would add a little more detail to it.......i really enjoy adding stuff like this.

photo-vi.jpg

i drilled out the hole for the hood latch, then opened the square hole that the hood release rod runs through, and finally made a anew rod from some 28 gauge wire.....

photo1-vi.jpg

im gonna add some bolt detail to it as well......

cheers

bryan

im still trying to think of some ideas for this build....if you guys have any, throw `em at me........

i think its going to be light blue, with a white top.

cheers

bryan

Olds' & GM had a sort of light salmon color that was almost an orange (very light though) when it faded, I can remember well seeing a few Chevy's in this with a white top, but I only saw one coupe in this color, & it belonged to my late cousin. He later had the coupe painted in a lime green flake with an emerald green fog around the trim & body lines. Yes, it was in the '60's.

yea those are cool, not too hard to scratchbuild either! good idea.

bryan

Yeah, it seems as though most of us have at least a dozen or so of the small barrel ball point pins that don't seem to work, & they make great "Swamp Coolers". along with Detail Masters (or equivalent) speaker covers for the inlet vent.

ok, i think this name will work guys...... the color i am gonna use is a medium blue, so i thought about cobalt, and then just added its atomic weight to the end of it.....so now we have "cobalt 27"

sounds ok to me so far, but im sure the name will go through a couple changes before the final name.......any ideas, toss em at me.

i also thought of "cobalt cruiser".......but it kinda reminds me of the newer chevy cobalt.....

cheers

bryan

thansk cranky, i was sittin here thinkin......i might go shiney on this one, maybe, just maybe. kings gold, or bauhaus gold.......i dont have any yellow cars in my collection (well 1) so im gonna look and see what kind of colors i have, and this might be shiney!

cheers

bryan