Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nash Metropolitin?

Adam - Modelhaus offers 4 different Metropolitans - they're not cheap, but well worth it IMO. Their website shows a 1954, 1955, 1959 and 1960.

http://modelhaus.com/index.php?c=4171

I got a resin Met from an anonymous seller on Ebay a year or so ago for less than Modelhaus sells theirs, but a few bits were poorly cast and/or missing...and the body required more cleanup than Don's stuff too. I ordered the missing parts from Don, and wound up spending the same amount I would have on his Met offering B)

If you do get one and can use any reference pics, I have full access to my friend's 1958 Met(until the snow flies, that is). Email me if I can help.

DSCN3614-vi.jpg

a friend of mine built one of those many years ago, but made some, uh, improvements:

lowered about 4" all around, fitted with wider tires on slightly bigger wheels, BMW 2002 running gear including motor, trans, rear end, near as i can remember.

also converted it to a convertable just like they did at the factory (or it may have been a farmed out operation): essentially cut off the top at the small rear corners and at the windshield upper frame (i forget the details there, whether he built a bulkhead or maybe the top separated easily from the windshield frame, but it was done like they did the factory convertible conversions) and finished the areas, then fitted a factory convertible top.

that little thing scooted and really surprised a lot of people in their hot european sedans.

Adam - Modelhaus offers 4 different Metropolitans - they're not cheap, but well worth it IMO. Their website shows a 1954, 1955, 1959 and 1960.

http://modelhaus.com/index.php?c=4171

I got a resin Met from an anonymous seller on Ebay a year or so ago for less than Modelhaus sells theirs, but a few bits were poorly cast and/or missing...and the body required more cleanup than Don's stuff too. I ordered the missing parts from Don, and wound up spending the same amount I would have on his Met offering B)

If you do get one and can use any reference pics, I have full access to my friend's 1958 Met(until the snow flies, that is). Email me if I can help.

DSCN3614-vi.jpg

thanks dave I have been looking via google search for like 6 months and then I join here and find one in a couple hours lol. are there any pics on his website or do you just trust that he is good. also do his kits include everything or would i need to find extra parts to finish the kit?

Most are complete kits. Item description will state either way.

No pics but if you Google Modelhaus there are a few people who have pictures of Modelhaus product.

As far as confidence of quality,I have only ordered wheels and parts which have been nicer than any manufacturers products.

I just orderd my first kit,61-4door Impala and I can hardly wait.