Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Ford F100 Custom "The Orange Crate"

I'd appreciate any idea's you have but here's whats been done so far;

all the trim is gone,

vents are filled,

molding removed and smoothed,

rear wheel openings altered,

Photobucket will be squared away soon and pictures uploaded.

Edit:

I got her fixed.

FILE0857.jpg

FILE0855.jpg

FILE0853.jpg

FILE0861.jpg

FILE0862.jpg

FILE0865.jpg

FILE0866.jpg

FILE0867.jpg

FILE0868.jpg

Edited by Dukefan69'

with a windshield that big, ya might need a sunvisor..

or tint.

Very Interesting tho..

I like your style :D

Tint.....................Visor......................................... where's the miniacle laughing smiley? this'll have to do :lol:

Yeah I'm jus starting this one, but as for the Fords 3 is too many Fords in my shop, this is a all Dodge and GM truck shop. Fords are outsiders :o

GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just kidding Matt :lol:

Well it's finished but my computer is toasted and I haven't a way to post it.

So was I, Nick, I just couldn't help it, since I'm a Ford man! :lol:

I hope you get the computer up and running soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Raising the top of the windshield looks like a good addition/idea, but if you clean up the edges, like where the burrs are on the lower corners, it will go a long way to making this build look clean overall. Rough edges like that will not be hidden by paint (actually BMF will exacerbate it) and will become a focal point that could take away from the other work you are doing on this one.

Your painting on the seatbelts looks like you are improving with the brush...

Are you going to repair that chunk taken out of the rim? If you paint the rims orange like your drawing, it will really jump out if you don't.

I'm looking forward to seeing you apply the tips and direction Mark Taylor provided in his tutorial for you. This should be a nice step up for you.

• 2 weeks later...

hey Nick, you do realize that you "advertise" for a company everytime you post a picture of something :) from the lawnmowers to random pictures of your grandfathers tires to Daisy's Jeep, pretty much everything is an advertisement for someones product. even this post is an advertisement for an AMT kit. everytime you get dressed in the morning you are a walking advertisement for whoever made the clothes and shoes you are wearing.

just something to think about

Dave

True dave, but I would never put a real company's name down the side of any of my models, mine come from inside my head or idea's I saw and changed to reflect something real but not be exact.

Raising the top of the windshield looks like a good addition/idea, but if you clean up the edges, like where the burrs are on the lower corners, it will go a long way to making this build look clean overall. Rough edges like that will not be hidden by paint (actually BMF will exacerbate it) and will become a focal point that could take away from the other work you are doing on this one.

Your painting on the seatbelts looks like you are improving with the brush...

Are you going to repair that chunk taken out of the rim? If you paint the rims orange like your drawing, it will really jump out if you don't.

I'm looking forward to seeing you apply the tips and direction Mark Taylor provided in his tutorial for you. This should be a nice step up for you.

Hi Mark,

The edges I did clean up before paint, the only thing I BMF'ed around the windsheild were the wipers,I ended up changing steelies for a set that wasn't screwed up.

I'm looking forward to finally being able to post it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...