Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bad Influence"

paul@detaildownunder

Here's the latest off my bench,

...........AMT '51 with a chop and '49 Ford rear window, Revell Mercury bumpers and grill fitted into the custom front from an AMT '49 Ford kit. The rear Revell Merc bumper has been widened to fit the Chevy's wider ass! ............I pancaked the hood which is now made from aluminium and with a hinge inspired by Bill Geary's great door hinging article in the latest issue of Model Cars. Tyres are Revell '40 Ford with Revell '58 Vette rims and tail lights....paint is hardware store Gloss Black and a tri-tone interior. The "409" is from the old AMT '57 Chevy with triples from a '58 Chevy kit and the aircleaner from a '66 Riviera kit.

donehood1.jpg

donefront1.jpg

donetop1.jpg

donerear1.jpg

donerear2.jpg

doneside1.jpg

interiordone2.jpg

dashdone1.jpg

motordone2.jpg

motordone1.jpg

.comments and questions are welcomed!! ;)

Edited by paul@detaildownunder

nothing more to say , it's just awesome! TRaK ON! B)

I'm with 'awb' Paul----what more can I add to all the other comments? :blink: but WOW!

only question I have is: I'm almost to the point with the R&D on my atom reducing machine to where I'm just about to try and reduce myself down to 1/25 scale. :D Soon as I do, could you pm me with yer addy, and I'll have someone mail 'me' to yer place and you can let me live out the rest o' me days in yer '51? :lol: I think I would be very comfy in it ;)

Yeeesh Paul, ya think we like it? Well I know I do!. Nice period lookin ride. I often wonder how's it that alot of guy's who din't grow up here, can build such nice period rides. My Big Brudder had freinds, and he himself had NICE everyday rides like that. It brings back LOTS of fond memories. :angry: GREAT BUILD! :D

That's a nice looking model for sure, but looking at it got me thinking...

When you pancake the hood like that, the engine is basically inaccessible. When done in the "real world", how in the world do you work on the engine? Changing plugs would mean removing all the bodywork ahead of the firewall!!!

Any "old timers" out there who know how it was done?

FYI: Guys, when you respond to a post that has pictures, don't quote the whole post! All that does is duplicate the same set pf photos all over again... no reason to do that. Don't quote the post, just respond to it.

Or delete the .JPG links in the post...................Yeah that's a good idea as it won't take the page so long to load.

Especially for those guys still on dialup! :angry:

Harry, having owned a 52 Chevy Deluxe 2dr. coupe, with a trans planted 327/Powerglide auto. I can tell you, if you use "Ram's Horn's" exhast manifolds, and the original small block motor mount locations, you CAN change the plugs from BELOW quite easily.The forward locatoin of the mounts, on the front of the engine, ant the mounts on the forward part of the Trans case leave alot of room alongside the engine, leavein enough room to reach the plugs. B)