Model Cars Magazine Forum

Charles Carpenters 1955 Chevy Pro Mod......FINISHED...06/09/13

tyrone

Thanks fellas.. I appreciate it... Bob .. the wheel base on them is close but the pro sportsman chassis is a little short...Dirk I had a Ross Gibson engine lined up for this one but I may have to use a kit engine as a starting point the gibson engine is too tall, wont clear the hood.. well I have a small update... I got the rear coil springs made up and mocked up on the car.. I used the coil spring kits from Scott.. I used the rear end from the pro stock cutlass kit with 4 link brackets from Dirt Modeler... I also added a little styrene to the bottom of the front bumper to give it a lower look... thanks for looking and comments welcome.... 011-3_zps9cc16112.jpg010-3_zps16756e47.jpg008-3_zpse6e3f622.jpg007-3_zps8d7221e8.jpg006-4_zps4eb9ba8e.jpg005-4_zps7ad5b090.jpg

Thanks fellas for all the kind words... I really appreciate it... well I've got the drviers floor area done, and I added some dzus tabs to the floor area also... I used Clay's Mustang for reference, and R2B2 race cars pics also.. thaks for looking and comments welcome... 014-2_zps6ae653a4.jpg012-3_zpsf5bedd7f.jpg011-3_zps1abbef77.jpg010-3_zpsb9260e70.jpg008-3_zps6a207e1b.jpg006-4_zpsad1d2f58.jpg004-4_zps78273c63.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas.. I really appreciate it... well I got a little time at the bench tonight... been glued to the t.v. with the playoffs on... I got the inner door skins done.. and for the engine I decided to go with the pro sportsman engine block and heads, intake is from the pro stock cutlass kit.. and I took the front engine plate from that kit and modified it by removing and filling in the water jackets.. and modified the water pump to look a little more current... I really wanted to use the ross gibson 762 but there is not enough clearance... I'll do the best I can with what I got.... Thanks for looking and comments welcome.... I really wanted to use this front engine plate from Dirt Modeler... but it wont fit without some modification... 002-2_zps9dea9df2.jpg Ross Gibson engine is a lot bigger... 007-3_zps854a8959.jpg I drill out the exhaust ports... I've found this makes it alot easier when it's time to make the headers... 009-4_zpse24c7509.jpg008_zpse6b8bb43.jpg010-3_zps648603bc.jpg011-3_zps77a76f36.jpg

Thanks alot fellas... Scott I dont know exactly what scale this engine is supposed to be... I'll check the package when I get home... I've decided I'm gonna use the kit engine, and just try and get it to look as close as I can to the current engines... Thanks again fellas...