Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carroll Shelby tribute community build.

wgflatliner

Ladies and gents:

With the passing of an automotive legend, I am proposing a community build to commemorate the late Carroll Shelby.

I would like to initiate a community build in which anybody can participate and enter with an automotive subject that Shelby has either owned or been involved with.

There will not be a time limit to this, as an automotive legend of such stature deserves to have an ongoing tribute with a deadline only set by those who wish to participate in it.

I am going to start with the subject of the original style Shelby Cobras.

The only rule I have this time around is that the kit must be new, if not, barely started.

Carroll Shelby will surely be missed in the automotive world, and with great respect, this one's for him!

Btw I might see about having a display at his museum in Vegas. Not sure what all is entailed.

What a great tribute to a great man! There were so many cars he had a hand in beyond the Cobra and GT350 and 500 Mustangs including the cars he did with Chrysler Corp. (the Dodge Omni-based GLH, GLH-S, and Shelby Charger, and the Viper) and on his own later on. And let's not forget about the Aston Martin he won LeMans in back in 1959. I don't know if I'll be doing this one since I don't do much with Ford-based models or these Mopar subjects, but I will be following it.

Hi all,

I would like to join in this build as well to honor the memory of the late Carroll Shelby.

It's my belief he'll not only be missed in the automotive world, but by the the countless heart patients that were helped by his charity work as well.

R.IP. Carroll Shelby

Hey gang.....for you guys that are getting involved in this tribute build to Mr. Shelby you might find this build interesting or helpful.....(FOR INFO ONLY!)

Below is a link to another site and non-members won't be able to post there, however there is some great eye candy to look at or perhaps use for reference. I don't think I'm stepping on anyone's toes but if so, I'm sure Harry will delete this post.

http://www.scalemoto...7-roadster.html

For some years I've wished to replicate this one:

533-Shelby-MG_8_studio_medi.jpg

I'm planing a order from South Eastern Finecast as well these days, thereby I will add theire wirewheels.

As You not put any date to it, it allows me to complete some of my ongoing projects, and have this as a nice

"sidedish". ;)

I'll kick off the build with this effort, with the 07 GT500. This one is a racer conversion using bits from an abandoned Corvette C5-R build. I fashioned a lower splitter with styrene sheet, and added some side window scoops from eBay.

post-9517-0-67575800-1336938235_thumb.jp

post-9517-0-05696700-1336938252_thumb.jp

i am very glad to see that there are folks interested in building something in honor of Carroll Shelby.

As part of my contribution, here is where i stand with the shelby cobra 427 S/C. I am going to build it box stock.

engine is assembled and painted with the exception of the tip of the transmission and such. i also painted the car Arctic Blue Metallic over Model Master Metalizers stainless steel.

before:

DSC03692.jpg

DSC03693.jpg

after:

DSC03694.jpg

DSC03695.jpg

DSC03696.jpg

Edited by wgflatliner

Thats super, love the color. I got more done before i called it quits for the day. Re-sprayed the chassis in a primer grey and got the cockpit firewall, middle section and half the cage glued down. Passenger side is mocked up. Things pressing along quickly since the 'guts' of the Vette build were all done before it was abandoned.

post-9517-0-60405700-1336966350_thumb.jp

post-9517-0-24212300-1336966383_thumb.jp