Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Master Modeler Stamp

I picked up a box of vintage junk parts and in the bottom of the box was a sticker with a Plymouth Valiant on it a brief description of the car and a copyright date of 1961. I tried looking this up through Google and even tried looking it up on ebay. I can't find anything about these "Master Modeler Stamps". Anyone have any idea what these were for or how they were circulated.

Stamp-2.jpg

Edited by ra7c7er

Revell, based on what I've run across over the years, did a lot of that sort of thing. They had things like postcards, trading cards, and "suitable for framing" box art prints, just all sorts of gimmicky things thrown in the box.

My guess is that the idea behind almost all of it was to sneak pictures of your next "gotta have" Revell kit in the box, with the idea you'd bug your hobby store owner if he didn't have the hot new "whatever I got a picture of in my last kit box" Revell items in stock.

Thanks, That was what I was thinking but being as I didn't start modeling till just 1 year ago I don't know about all the little goodies they used to put in kits.

Once I knew kind of what to look for I found that the photo on the sticker is the same art as the 1962 Revell Plymouth Valiant kits instruction sheet AND that the same photo was used in print ads for the Valiant so the photo must have came from Plymouth.

Thanks again.