Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chip King`s: "Shark Mouth" Daytona Pro Mod -new project 8/3/12

The rivets look great. Did you airbrush a black circle with a stencil and put a speck of white on top? I've seen some 1:1 rivets painted that way.

Rick.....I hand drilled a couple of turns into the body .......then I dabbed some 'Folk Art' acrylic silver paint diluted with water into the holes then wiped off the excess paint......thanks.

Hello.....thanks guys for the very kind comments......I got the glass in and window frames on ......I used 'Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends with the window frames.......I painted the rear bumper alclad and made some tail lights and painted them Tamiya clear red over silver base.....I will put in the side windows and rear wing tomorrow.......thanks for looking.

DSCF4502.jpg

DSCF4510.jpg

DSCF4518.jpg

DSCF4519.jpg

DSCF4503.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......thank you all for the kind comments.......I got the door glass installed and used rub on letters for the "Chip King".....also attached the floor panel.....this build is just about finished......I just need to add a couple of details.......I should have finished pictures tomorrow.......thanks for looking.

DSCF4563.jpg

DSCF4558.jpg

DSCF4567.jpg

DSCF4579.jpg

DSCF4570.jpg

DSCF4583.jpg

DSCF4569.jpg