Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Touring El Camino

Hello everyone, here is my latest project I thought I would share.
This started out for me as an ebay glue bomb, I parted out a Monogram 2002 Camaro for most of the parts, rear and front suspension including the front sub frame piece, engine, gas tank and side mirrors.
Seats from a Nissan 300, wheels and tires from a Skyline r35.
I scratch built a twin intake system and used solder for the tubes, with resin air filters.
Aluminum tube driveshaft, mufflers and tips, solder exhaust, home made roll bars, shifter and steering wheel from a 69 Vette, scratched gauges from aluminum tube and printed out faces, scratch built racing belts.
Bed top is home made.
Brake rotors are scratch built with 99 Vette calipers.
I made the front bumper from scratch as well after destroying the original by trying to shorten it with a flame..
Paint is Wal mart brand black with Krylon clear.
Comments and critiques are welcome.
Steve
000_0105.jpg
000_0170.jpg
000_0109.jpg
000_0174.jpg
000_0177.jpg

Thank you to all who have commented, it means allot.

That is Awesome possum! Very very nice. I like it alot. Subtle mix of old and new.

Not to derail things, but where did u get your air filter cones if I may?

Thanks Lawrence, I don't mind sharing my source at all, I got the filters from Scale Dreams, I also have the oblong shaped ones and they are very nice, really crisp detail on both types.

Here is a link..

Scale Dreams Resin air filters

Steve

Wow, what's not to like? The interior and chassis look remarkable, the body and paint are sharp & I'll give you major kudos for the job you did scratchbuilding your own bumper. That said, it's what's under the hood that really sells it for me. Between the imposing engine and the "tinwork" that makes up the inner fenderwells, there is some exemplary work worth checking out here.

Impressive results for something that started out as a gluebomb.