Model Cars Magazine Forum

PRO XTREME CAMARO

baddgass

derrick, the picture you're showing is a display chassis. while the engine is a blower motor. it also has two green speed tech nitrous bottles on board. the display shows a multitude of options to the potential buyer.

those bottles in the picture would be fire bottles. the adrl rules are really pretty wide open compared to...well...anything. you have no minimum weight, no max. cubes. use gas , methanol, nitro and even add nitrous. i believe one of the few restrictions is no nitro if you run a screw blower

Edited by comp1839

derrick, the picture you're showing is a display chassis. while the engine is a blower motor. it also has two green speed tech nitrous bottles on board. the display shows a multitude of options to the potential buyer.

those bottles in the picture would be fire bottles. the adrl rules are really pretty wide open compared to...well...anything. you have no minimum weight, no max. cubes. use gas , methanol, nitro and even add nitrous. i believe one of the few restrictions is no nitro if you run a screw blower

Dave thank you for all the great info, i need all i can get on this build. THANKS BROTHER :D

i can only tell you what i know. if some one out there has an uncle bob and he owns something different, great. the blown pro mods that I AM aware of, do not self start. the rules don't require it and it's a ton of weight to penalize yourself with. they still carry a battery (although not a physically large one) to power all of the electronic gizmos and doo-flickers. i was taught a pic is worth a thousand words. here's my thousand words.

Dave is correct. there is a small power source so you can run the fuel pump and ect. also so you can check your valves,springs to adust when your jogging the motor between rounds with out physically turning over the motor completly. Cant afford to waste that fuel.(ha ha).

028.jpg

will that help?

EDIT: the car pictured is a ADRL PX car. i did some quick research and NHRA pro mods are required to be self starting. although they allow the use of remote battery packs for starting only.

Did some checking NHRA rule book. All entries must be self starting with an onboard starting, Supercharged limited to maximum of three forward two planetaries and reverse.

Well got the front coils done, will be working on a rack and the rear coils.

001-75.jpg

003-77.jpg

004-74.jpg

005-64.jpg

009-30.jpg

006-57.jpg

007-50.jpg

008-35.jpg

Derrick....this is sure coming together nice. Man seeing everyone build a big scale pro mod has got me thinking that I may need to build a 1/16th scale Pro Mod one of these days. Seeing these builds are an inspiration. I look forward to more progress on this project.

Your P/X Camaro is looking good, like the chassis build, I noticed you mentioned checking the NHRA rules,is your build going to be a ADRL P/X car or a NHRA P/M?, being as their rules are a bit different, as is stated in another post the ADRL does allow nitrous on the supercharged cars, the ADRL also (as stated before) allows nitro in the SC cars(the rules being a thicker firewall, & restrictions on the type & size blowers plus the amount of overdrive on the blowers),turbochargers are also allowed in the ADRL on SC cars as are duel magnetos. I am in the process of building a P/X car in 1/25th scale (soon to start posting), so I checked the rules for the ADRL's P/X & P/N classes, and when I had a couple of questions concerning certain rules not mentioned (the magnetos for ex.), I sent a e-mail to their tech-adviser asking 3 questions, I received answers a day or so later so that I could build my car as accurate as possible. Keep up the good work, like this build.

Your P/X Camaro is looking good, like the chassis build, I noticed you mentioned checking the NHRA rules,is your build going to be a ADRL P/X car or a NHRA P/M?, being as their rules are a bit different, as is stated in another post the ADRL does allow nitrous on the supercharged cars, the ADRL also (as stated before) allows nitro in the SC cars(the rules being a thicker firewall, & restrictions on the type & size blowers plus the amount of overdrive on the blowers),turbochargers are also allowed in the ADRL on SC cars as are duel magnetos. I am in the process of building a P/X car in 1/25th scale (soon to start posting), so I checked the rules for the ADRL's P/X & P/N classes, and when I had a couple of questions concerning certain rules not mentioned (the magnetos for ex.), I sent a e-mail to their tech-adviser asking 3 questions, I received answers a day or so later so that I could build my car as accurate as possible. Keep up the good work, like this build.

that is great info to know when building the models of the real deal!!

This is great info for building as clore to the real thing. But it is also nice to build with you like ( NO RULES ) Me i'm trying to build to NHRA rules, no NOS, starter onbord. Thanks for looking in.

• 2 weeks later...