Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Revell 50 Olds

Sixties Sam

It looks like everyone is building this kit, so I decided to join in! This is a nice kit. It is well designed, and goes together well. I don't like the whitewall decals. Actually, I don't like messing with decals in general, and these whitewalls were a bugger. The tires curve near the edge, and the flat decals don't want to follow the curve. I used some decal set, which helped, but I still have some wrinkles. Also, the rear wheels seem a little too far rearward, not centered in the opening. The axle positions are fixed, but somehow, I got it a bit too far back. Not changing it now. The paint is Krylon Almond, which is a very light beige. Interior is two tone gray. Here are some pics taken on my garage diorama in sunlight.

8399542494_3f243b223c_z.jpg

8398457417_0c79fa217c_z.jpg

Here's the interior during the build.

8399539752_3e18536f01_z.jpg

Here it is with my 57 ford and an Ulrich Mini-Man on a Sting Ray bicycle.

8399540790_92e2485a66_z.jpg

I enjoyed this build. It's nice to build a kit that goes together without a lot of hassles! I hope you guys like it.

Sam

Edited by Sixties Sam

Very nice. :)

I have two of these kits. One arrived a few weeks after the first one due to a defect on one of the parts. Tire was mispunched and when I called, they just went and sent another entire kit.

Funny thing is, on the second kit, it has printed whitewalls instead of the all black ones on the first kit. Either they started shipping them with printed tires right after I bought mine, or I got a "mistake" that works to my favor.