Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8th Pocher F40 Ferrari

Romell R

know if only you could get top gear to drive it around their track by enlisting the help of their tame racing driver..... Some say if he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci code in 43 seconds and Some say his left nipple is almost exactly the same shape as the Nurburgring all we know is he's called the stig!

Edited by DRWho95

Hey Skip its actually a grey ladies stocking ans the material on the seats is a red one LOL!

uhhh, does your wife know about this Rom??? :huh: turned out awesome!

Ummm no she doesn't and I'd like to keep it that way if you don't mind Bill LOL!! :unsure:

I'll be moving so I wont be posting for a couple weeks at least until i get my new work room set up. I hate moving! but this will hopefully be the last time, the wife and I just bought a new house so now I'm packing everything up. I'll talk to you guys soon. B)

Edited by Romell R

Hey Skip its actually a grey ladies stocking and the material on the seats is a red one LOL!

Um...I'm gonna feel a tad embarrassed going in to a shop asking for those.... :lol:

Fantastic work progressing here Rom. B) And I love the jack stand. That come with the kit I guess..?

Ummm no she doesn't and I'd like to keep it that way if you don't mind Bill LOL!! :unsure:

I'll be moving so I wont be posting for a couple weeks at least until i get my new work room set up. I hate moving! but this will hopefully be the last time, the wife and I just bought a new house so now I'm packing everything up. I'll talk to you guys soon. B)

Good luck with your move. The last 3 times I moved was the last time I was going to move. : )

I sit here totally intimidated by this build, the photo etched parts, and detail work you put into it. The quality of your builds really make me sit and analyze what I'm doing, and how to do it better. What parts can I modify and make better looking and what I can do to add that additional detail to really make my builds shine. These are great inspirational pieces. Thank you for sharing. Holy moley this build is awesome. :blink:

Just wanted to chime in and say "HOLY FREAKING SCHMIDT!!!!!" That just looks absolutely beautiful. The detail you've put in there is incredible. This is why I love building large scale model kits and wish there were more of them out there to buy. Makes it so much easier to add detail and clean things up with such a large scale.

Just wanted to chime in and say "HOLY FREAKING SCHMIDT!!!!!" That just looks absolutely beautiful. The detail you've put in there is incredible. This is why I love building large scale model kits and wish there were more of them out there to buy. Makes it so much easier to add detail and clean things up with such a large scale.

Thanks Justin and I agree with ya wholeheartedly we need more large scale kits B)

Wow Romell, this is sweet project. I have couple off Pocher kits in my collection that I traded a local friend some 1/32 aircraft/jets for them. These kits are in the class of their own. You have to have your stuff together to tackle these suckers. Just like building a real car with out all the oil and grease...lol Since, last year i have been thinking about getting the Ferrari kit. I saw one that was converted into a race car and it got me drooling all of it or I should say for it. So, I'm saving all my nickles to get one soon. In the mean time, I'll be following your work here cause you are doing some great work to you kit. Also, nice clear photographs of you work. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Mike

Wow Romell, this is sweet project. I have couple off Pocher kits in my collection that I traded a local friend some 1/32 aircraft/jets for them. These kits are in the class of their own. You have to have your stuff together to tackle these suckers. Just like building a real car with out all the oil and grease...lol Since, last year i have been thinking about getting the Ferrari kit. I saw one that was converted into a race car and it got me drooling all of it or I should say for it. So, I'm saving all my nickles to get one soon. In the mean time, I'll be following your work here cause you are doing some great work to you kit. Also, nice clear photographs of you work. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Mike

Thanks Mike I'm working on getting my stuff unpacked now so I should be up and building again in a week or so. sounds like you got a really good deal with your pocher trade. I'm saving up my penny's too because I want to build the Porsche 993 next Edited by Romell R

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey fellas I know ive been gone a while but I just got back on this project I have a few up dates and i'll start posting more regularly from here on out.

ok once I pulled the project out of storage I had a just a couple things I needed to repair it was just a couple suspension issue that were easily fixed. then I painted the body parts which came out fabulous except for the clear on the rear spoiler which ill be fixing tonight anyway enough said heres some pics for ya.

here the broken rear shock.

2013-06-05164951_zpsece819f1.jpg

heres the hood and roof paint

2013-06-05164843_zps7b8d961b.jpg

2013-06-05164831_zpse1aba3b1.jpg

I've built the Testarossa Spyder and a bunch of the Porsche "911"'s, and had an F40 I thought I wanted to do the whole bit on until I saw how crudely the main components of the whole car were produced. I think the upgrade/detail supplemental parts are the only way it makes the F40 worth it. I've seen one that was very, very nice. But to do the real car justice, and justify the price of the transkit you'll need to strip the paint off, prep the surface properly, and do a quality respray and polishing job.