Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally finished one! 74 RoadRunner!

MoparDeke

Try on a silver or black car for some POP!

I have plans to do a Panther Pink Challenger R/T with pink stripe - a real 1 of 1 car.

YUP YUP! i was thinking Silver metallic or an Alum color..........good choices i would think! THANKS!( Or i could always go with white LOL)

dont forget pics of the inprogress pink panther!!

James Testor sent me a photo of a car, which was my inspiration. When I decided th build this one, I combined mine with the '71 Charger R/T Kit.

2005_0107runner0004.jpg

I drilled out the molded in headlamps and added clear lenses.

2005_0107runner0001.jpg

I detailed the kit wheels, and added a set of 60 series Polyglas GTs

Here's the Charger interior tub, combinedwith the seats from the Road Runner

2005_0107runner0003.jpg

Here it is all mocked up, ready for paint

2005_0107runner0006.jpg

I painted it B-5 Blue, with a Bright Blue interior, Keith Marks' White Stripes, detail Master Hood Pins

2005_0316roadrunner0001.jpg

2005_0316roadrunner0004.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! All these Roadrunners look great. The timing of this thread is perfect because I just placed an order for some MCW Superblue paint and had one of these birds in mind when I did. Ron, I had a question for you: Did you use the most recently issued 74 Roadrunner? And what do you recommend for an engine, the one that comes with the kit? I plan to follow your swap with my build but I did not know what do about the engine.

I had it planned out since the kit was issued. The engine is the 440-4bbl out of the '71 Charger Kit. The Charger sacrificed its underhood area, chassis, and interior for this one.

Thanks for your response Ron. I think I have the formula for this car down now: Current Issue 74 Roadrunner Body, grill, taillight panel, and seats + 71 Charger engine compartment, Chassis, and interior tub, mix together with a clean factory stock building style and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

MRMopar426,

We don't know who you are dude.

Please put your first and last name in the signature box found in the profile section before you post again or I will restrict your posting abilitys! You have been requested once already.

If you do not understand this simple rule or do not understand how to accomplish this then please PM me (the little button at the bottom of this posting that's labeled "PM").

Thank you!

8)