Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Ferrari 365 GTS4 'special'

I saw this kit at my local hobby shop today--silver box, shown in dk blue on the box with an unusual white and silver roof (separate hardtop on a convertible body, w/ wrap around rear window) and w/ 4 round headlights under glass, rather than the pop headlights like other Daytona kits. I hadn't heard about this one, and it's not listed at the usual online sources (HLJ, Hobby Search).

$53.00. Ouch.

Rob, I was able to order mine from HLJ. Again, it is just the Daytona Speciale enthusiast kit re-boxed.

Here is the new box:

box228-vi.jpg

Here is the first release box:

box56-vi.jpg

I received my body shell with a crack in it. HLJ has sent me notification that they are sending me a replacement body free of charge. The cowl has a split, an extremely easy piece to fix, but I figured with the price you pay for enthusiast kits it should be right on.

I will say I paid considerably less through HLJ for the kit and that includes shipping!

Chris

Interesting..I searched on HLJ and couldn't find it. (I've bought a bunch of Fujimi Ferraris from HLJ in the last year). I hadn't heard anything about this one..pretty cool...will have to get one.

I went back and searched HLJ again..didn't come up when searching 'Ferrari' but came up searching 'Daytona'. Will order one (marked backordered currently)...wow..234 parts. I missed out on the Enthusiast Series back in the day, those were out long before I got into Fujimi kits.