Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jolly Roger Merc - back on the bench 8/30/15

Jantrix

Yeah DD, so did I,however as it was glued and pressed into place, the CA glue wicked into the fibers and flattened it quite a bit. I'm going to stick with it, it's not the only eye-grabbing thing I have planned for this, so it's not going to be a big deal in the end I figure.

probably not a huge issue either as with the chopped top the interior isn't really all that visible on the finished model anyway.

No such luck. That soft top I posted above will be removable in order to show the interior detail which I intend to be a focus of the build. I'm either case, I'm gonna rethink the piping. I put the test piece in the purple pond to see if it will disolve the spray adhesive. If that doesn't work I'll try some 91% alcohol. If I can get the part clean I'll redo. I'm heading to Michaels anyway to find an alternative piping so I'll look at the Halloween decorations. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Jantrix

I took at trip to Michaels today and wandered around looking at everything. I found a superthin braided gold ribbon that I think worked out tons better than the thread I was using as piping. I also picked up some gold beading pins that will be the gear shift lever and directional lever in the steering column, some clear and red rhinestones (ahhesive backed) that will be my headlight and taillight lenses.

Here's the doorpanel with the new piping and the door handle/window crank just made from twisted copper wire and a brass pin head.

2011-08-20152116.jpg

Edited by Jantrix

• 2 weeks later...

this thing is very cool , way cool and the idea, the build and everything is just totally amazing, that is one of the reasons i love this hobby and the artist on this board, some of the best i have ever seen, i will for sure be keeping on eye on this one........................................

Okay the flooring is in and an working on the staining.

2011-09-03203248.jpg

Also working on the top. The frame is complete. It was cut from the removed piece of the roof.

2011-09-03191734.jpg

2011-09-03201733.jpg

Still working on the front seat. And the streering wheel.

Edited by Jantrix

Now you got me confused, Rob. I have paperwork showing the October 14-16 SE Street Rod Nationals is also the MAGS model car show. We already have a room down there for the weekend.

JaxCon is February 4, 2012 at the UNF University Center (same place as last year). It looks like we'll be holding a Florida Auto & Scale Trucks Model Club (FAST) meeting there too. Member or not, you're welcome to the meeting.