Model Cars Magazine Forum

purple bath

kinda new to model cars and keep hearing about this purple bath stuff can some one let me in on the

purple bath thing and what it is used for and who makes the product. I have seen some pics with a

ZEP product bottle but can't read the name of the stuff any help would be great thank you.

I replace the Purple Pond (Castrol Super Clean) about every six months, used to keep it longer topping off as needed. Once it begins taking noticeably longer to strip paint its time to toss, plus at that point there will be a significant build up of paint residue on the bottom of the container. I use (Glad) plastic containers 48 ounce size which will fit most smaller bodies whit some room to spare. If it won't fit in the container I use a gallon sized ziplock bag and pour it back in the plastic container when done.

Anyone ever notice that the Castrol Super Clean gallon jugs sometimes develope leaks? I've had two of them leak, I store the jugs in a bucket and the Purple Pond in a plastic shoe box, sort of like a secondary containment!