Model Cars Magazine Forum

The lonestar is .....

My personal opinion - we'll see more builds of the Prostar than Lonestar.. lots of fleet potential.

I saw 3 today - all different fleets in different configurations - daycab, sleeper cab and sleeper with full fairings.

Tim

Generally speaking, absolutely. Not too many fleets want to pony up the bucks for a Lonestar- that's a big-ticked, owner-operator rig. Even though it can be had with a lot of different paint/trim options, there are a LOT more possibilities for the Prostar.

Speaking of possibilities- wouldn't it be nice to have a Durastar? Jada does one as a wrecker in 1:24, but who wouldn't love one of those in kit form? You can find pretty much any body imaginable on the back of a Durastar.

Correct me if I'm wrong- but wasn't the T600a kit pretty much all '70's vintage under the skin? I seem to remember reading the only new parts were above the frame rails on that one.

'90's rigs? Yeah, now that you mention it, they were overlooked. I'd love to have an HME from the early '90's, or a mid '90's Ford/Sterling of any type.

For what it's worth....All the constant ranting and crying about the lonestar has turned it into the Kim kardashian of model trucks for me......I never want to hear about it, or ever see it again....just have it go away.....Period! I'll never build one anyway.....I think the truck is hideous....like someone drove a 9900i up the fartpipe of a PT cruiser......which equals UGLY. I DO commend Moebius for tackling a current truck subject; and certainly hope they do more of them, as we need more new subjects all the time. Any of you guys that have been doing this for years should remember the AWFUL plastic from AMT for how many years??? That T600 kit was at best a parts donor.....and what about the mack "junkyard" dog....with a wrinkled up hood (which was fiberglass in 1:1) and wouldn't be wrinkled.....REALLY....I don't mean to hate at all....but with all the effort that has gone into these Lonestar threads....Every kit moebius popped out could have been built collectively...it's pretty simple really....there's this new thing called google images; you can solve many of your fitment questions by simply looking at images of real trucks, and figure it out....for about the same effort as getting on a forum and going crazy over it...bottom line.....just build something....Matt

Edited by monkeyclaw

Exactly, the R of G t600 was also pitiful. Thanks to AMT's half acre attempt at a t600 we will probably never see the w900,the Alaskan hauler or KW/Challenge mixer reissued as supposedly they destroyed those dies to make the t600. Like I said the lonestar is either a love it or hate truck in real life. I'm afraid that is transfering to the model. Some may dis like the 1/1 Lonestar but the fact is the model is a good kit regardless of the subject matter. Moebius and Dave are headed in the right direction one step at a time. By the way I would bet Moebius has sold more Lonestars than International. If the Prostar is as good as the Lonestar it will be a homerun.

I added the photo of the AMT T600 because it was stated (or implied... whatever) that it was ignored. The photo proves otherwise. I never said anything about quality.

Interesting reading all the comments on the Lonestar. Judging by what some are writing, one would think their quality of life depends on it. :D

Now this is quite comical coming from someone that has openly stated that he never photographs rigs and Nascar models at shows

Anthony, where... did you get that idea from? Perhaps you should actually look in my Fotki albums. I have no restrictions, I photograph whatever catches my eye. I take pics of whatever I want.

Also, the Nascar comment... I used to build Nascar, as well as photograph them.

Funny how people "know" me, and while my memory isn't what it used to be, I have no recollection of meeting or communicating with you.

Edited by Jon Cole