Model Cars Magazine Forum

JEDI TIE WING RACER IS FINISHED!

HYPERDRIVE SUPERCHARGER!

I decided that I needed some kind of Scoops or Intakes on the X-Wing Body, so I started looking. I found this part in the B-Wing Fighter Kit. Looks like it will fit the body with some minor fitting and cutting.

DSCN7271J_zps8243bb45.jpg

I removed the Snap-Tabs from the inside and sanded the inside smooth so it fits the Body better.

DSCN7276J_zpsa5202ea1.jpg

I did a little carving on the rear of the piece to look and fit the X-Body better.

DSCN7270J_zpsdb8248a9.jpg

Here is a quick mock-up...

DSCN7285J_zps4fda7b8d.jpg

More Coming... B)

That's a very suitable color for this build. A wash will definitely set that off! All that detail is practically begging for it!

Thanks Joe!

Yeah, I'll be applying some washes later. I'm starting to add some more colors now... B)

HYPER LIGHTZ!

I got some rectangular Rhinestones at the crafts store. Then I carved a little slot to hold the Rhinestones inside the Hyperdrive Supercharger...

DSCN7302J_zpsd5075ce8.jpg

I cut a strip of plastic and fit it in the Supercharger. Then I glued it in with Zap-A-Gap and Baking Powder.

DSCN7305J_zps2a96b217.jpg

Here it is with a coat of flat yellow, in place. No Glue Yet...

DSCN7325J_zpsf4509bfe.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

PAINT BY NUMBERS!

I painted the rear top section of the Body with Tamiya Flat Aluminum.

DSCN7445J_zps92e3baf3.jpg

I am enjoying hand painting the different sections and details. It reminds me of Paint By Numbers or a Coloring Book, lots of fun and relaxing too. I'm planning to paint more sections in different colors. The Screened areas on the Wings were painted with Flat Aluminum too.

DSCN7428J_zps52985a24.jpg

More Coming... B)

ROCKET ON A STICK!

I am making a base for the Jedi Racer and it will support the ship with a length of Piano Wire. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the body large enough to fit a length of 1/8th " Tubing. The steel wire will fit in this tube.

DSCN7434J_zps53b1c914.jpg

I slipped two more lengths of tubing over the original to give it strength. They are held in place with Zap-A-Gap Glue.

DSCN7438J_zps0ffe6976.jpg

I positioned the tubing so that it fits inside the hole in the wings...

DSCN7443J_zps54775f31.jpg

More Coming... B)

FILLING IT IN!

I am filling in the slots under the Wings. I marked off the cut lines on 2 lengths of plastic strip.

DSCN7460J_zpseab6624e.jpg

Here they are glued in place.

DSCN7471J_zps7056a1b7.jpg

Next I cut and filed the strips to fit tight up against the bottom of the Wings.

DSCN7474J_zpsfd18e01e.jpg

More Coming... B)