Model Cars Magazine Forum

OTB this week...... SS396 Nova.....

Len Geisler

Seems lately I have been doing more surfing than working, but I have been doing much more work than posting, so here is an update on my SS396 build......

Picture055.jpg

Just a qucik shot of the installed motor and trans combo, I wanted to build an automatic, but decided that was too much work...LOL ;)

Picture052.jpg

I also did some weathering to the chassis and engine compartment, not sure but I think I may have gone slightly too far on the top side of the engine, but I think it looks fine, just not show car fine

Picture057.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Went with the standard black on the interior, used all the SS goodies too...

I am really liking this kit, it almost just falls together, adding the BB was a bit more work than IO had assumed, due to hood clearance issues that arose for me, but once I get them worked out, it was a quick mover again.....

Picture059.jpg

Last but not least we went with Burgandy Poly (read: Tamiya Maroon, as it seems to be a close match). I am at the poing now of deciding if I will finish it as is, or remove the body markings and use the sheet of Keith Marks decals I have from the old AMT Nova, which to my eye seem to be fine.....

As always, questions, comments or critiques always welcome....