Model Cars Magazine Forum

Plasticfanatic

This is my scrachtbuilt 1979 Ford LTD-II, is on the early stages of the configuration and construction...a lot of lamination,putty and sanding still ahead but I think the basic profile can be appreciated at this "dirty stage" of the project.

The Monaco Police car will eventualy be a Nevada Highway patrol car in "slick top" configuration. The interior of this car will be light blue not the tan shown right now...this model was a old paint test body that I had laying around, striped the old layers of paint and fix it as best as I could and repaint it in the Nevada H.W. colors...still have to polish the paint and work and fix other details, but I like the results so far....and yes...I will convert the front grille to a FURY version as the real car I chose to model.

Thanks for looking and hope you like them!!

Nice fabrication, Fred.

How much arm-twisting would it take to get you to have someone cast it? I'd buy one simply for something totally different.

This might help you with some details.

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/static/NA/Ford/1979_Ford/1979_Ford_LTD_II_Folder/dirindex.html

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/static/NA/Ford/1977_Ford/1977_Ford_LTD_II_Brochure/dirindex.html

Charlie Larkin

Thanks for the links, I don't think this car have a lot of "fans" in the car modeling world so finding a good resin caster that will actually make the mold and resin copys...and in a relatively short time have them available is quite dificult in these hard economic times....besides..I have lost two master bodys in the past in "fail" casting deals, so the prospect of loosing the LTD II worrys me a LOT.

Once more thanks for the kind words and visual info. links,greatly appreciated.

Fred

ltd2-vi.jpg

I'd be in for a resin copy! I had a '78 LTD II and put over 200,000 miles on it before selling it as a good running car. The guy who bought it never asked about mileage so he probably thought it had 100,000 on it. I saw it on the road a few years later.

The best part about having this car was that the New Jersey State Police used them. I could cruise up the Parkway in the fast lane and everyone would get out of my way!

I had a 75 LTD, drove the snot out of it, took it from Iowa to Phoenix, AZ, with no airconditioning! Three days after getting there...it caught on fire!!! Oh yeah, I only paid $150 for it!! Got my money out of it!! I actually miss that boat!

Thank guys, in the new photos a light coat of white primer has been put on the body to see how all is coming along, a lot of sanding,fabrication and fitting still ahead on the body shell but like how is coming together and look of the car. The door lines are just pencil lines at this stage and the front area is in It's first stages.