Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell pete 359[ kit 07412]

a bit more done, only one side complete, but I like the way it's looking,

photo_zpsf598819e.jpg

plan to do the other side later or tomorrow, these decals are a beotch as far as I am concerned :unsure: can't proceed too far until I get the hood mounted, gotta keep the stripes in line.......

You haven't forgotten the cab visor have you? Are you fitting this later?

no sir, haven't forgot it, going to BMF it in aluminum before I put it on. my main focus has been getting the decals on it. got the other side done [all I can say now is I LOVE micro-sol], now waiting on hood hinges to dry/set so I can mount the hood and set the body on and lined up so I can permanently glue that, then put the hood stripes on.

it's the first time I have done decals this big and on so many odd surfaces [door handles/'rivets'/door opening ridges--around the sleeper doors etc.] and it was actually my first try at BMF. i'm pleased with it overall so far.

almost there.......

photo_zpsd8cb11c4.jpg

photo_zps452bd976.jpg

photo_zps4a1db843.jpg

photo_zps86d49698.jpg

so far, the biggest issues were what was mentioned earlier, hood hinge/hood fit/bumper in the way. the door pins/hinges weren't too awful bad, but the hood has really messed with me, but I think I got it. :)

also had a bit of a war with the exhaust front pipe, but I think that may have been due to operator error :wub:

thanks guys :) got the headlights on today, and am currently working on the fuel tanks. the tank seams were horrid, so after some filing and putty, I have one ready to either paint or BMF, can't decide which way to go. still have to putty the other one yet. I think maybe by the weekend this will be done.

well, I gave bmf a shot on the tank, me and it didn't jive, lol. I couldn't get it the way I wanted it to look, so I took the bmf off and painted the tank body color and cleared it. once dry, i'll bmf the straps and call it good. other tank got sanded, primed and sanded again, needed more putty, so tomorrow night will be finishing that one off, I hope.

first tank looks pretty good I think.

photo_zps677f4748.jpg

photo_zpsc95db9eb.jpg

photo_zps71837a68.jpg

I thought the same thing, that it was painted with Alclad. Looks really good. I've built about four of the RoG Petes and could never get a pair of tank halves to line up. At least not without sanding the seams and ruining the chrome. I've painted mine too except once I did BMF a set. I sat in front of the TV one night as I did it while relaxing. I had a straight edge, a bunch of new blades, a drink and a sheet of foil and just took my time. It turned out pretty good but it took a few hours. Lots of do-overs and patience.

I like the Pete.

Jeff