Model Cars Magazine Forum

How to use Dawn Power Dissolver for paint stripping

Walmart also sells cheap, semi-disposable "Tupperware-like" plastic containers with snap-on lids in various sizes. I bought a set of three, big enough to fully submerge a 1/24 scale body, for a buck or two. Dollar stores also have plastic containers like these... they're perfect for stripping model parts, and they're dirt cheap.

My wife buys sliced turkey (low sodium) at Wal-Mart that comes in little plastic containers. They have a red lid. After she's done with them I get them. They work great as little purple ponds, Dawn PD, or Simple Green containers. The lids seal tight.

You get the plastic containers with the red lids, but WHO gets the turkey???

GRATITUDE TO DAVE ZINN.

Thanks again, Dave. I put the parts in a Ziploc, bathed in Dawn Power Dissolver, and it worked like a charm in less than 2 days. A couple of remaining areas went away with an application of Meguiar's Scratch-X, and the parts now are a perfect match for the unpainted main body shell. I see that Meguiar's has just introduced a restorer for plastic dash parts, and I'll have to look into that.