Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks Randy, I will have sevearl more pictures this weekend. The paint is FINALLY done, but to be honest, I do not like how the roof turned out, so there is a CHANCE that I will strip the orrof an repaint it again, for the 4th time.

I HATE that my airbrush died! LOL First on the agenda to buy next month!

Hi Mark, Impressive build you have here!! Great to see it as a roller, love the wheel and tire combo!

Randy

Well, I got it! I think I have hit on the final version of the exhaust back half.

med_gallery_8985_800_626424.jpg

SImply used a couple sizes of Evergreen styrene rod

med_gallery_8985_800_868942.jpg

Made the rear exhaust supports, basically s very small square of sheet styrene, with a hole in the middle of course, then cut in half. Painted body color

med_gallery_8985_800_452446.jpg

Possible turn signal stalk from straight pin, dipped in elmers then body color paint

med_gallery_8985_800_34244.jpg

• 2 months later...

OK, this thing has faught me tooth and nail on the paint. FIrst, my airbrush died, so I decided to try and shoot the paint straight from the Testor's Laq can, which went on WAY too heavy for my liking, so I stripped and shot again use holding the can very far back and using several very light mist coats, this time I ran out before the job was done, had to get more....argh, I do not know what it is about this Testor's Star Spangled Blue paint, but it seems to never cure. I set the parts aside for WEEKS to cure before I buffed them out, and after I got them all buffed and sat aside, I did not realize that a part had leaned against the cab leaving the entire side marred, Strip,re-shoot... Last week, I got to buff it out again, and burnt through one spot in the roof, so, re-shoot, but in the meantime...I got a new airbrush! So I spot shot it, waited about a week, then shot clear laquer over it. Let it set a few days, and then sanded and buffed today, ONLY to mar it again, this time while mating the roof to the cab Well, luckily, it did not require a re-shoot, just sanding and buffing, but I must say I think it turned out great. While I am ok with this color, I am not liking the workability of the Testor's laquers, sure WEEKS is enough time to cure without leaving fingerprints or having the surface get marred. and I live in Phoenix! No humdity issues. Oh well, again, I like the color, Light bulb test.

med_gallery_8985_800_554812.jpg