Model Cars Magazine Forum

REVELL FORD SVT RAPTOR

Austin T

• 4 weeks later...

Got this today. Very good casting. Only minor mold lines on the cab fenders and rear of the bed.

The tires are the same from the Hummer H2, and very very nice:)

The bed is molded separate from the cab, but the tailgate is molded shut. The inner tailgate, and top of the bed sides are separate. Very odd, but it works.

It is also the same size in length as the Jada diecast that was supposed to be 1/24.

10917520_10205020541926054_2029374159_n.

10917523_10205020428603221_20845720_n.jp

%7Boption%7D

High gloss stickers:( I've taken the rear bed motifs and matte cleared them. I'll see how they are on the body once I have it painted.

Interior is excellent. All the seats, front and back, are separate. Molded in place center console, arm rest separte. Front glass is seperate from the rear glass, which is tinted.

High gloss stickers:( I've taken the rear bed motifs and matte cleared them. I'll see how they are on the body once I have it painted.

Interior is excellent. All the seats, front and back, are separate. Molded in place center console, arm rest separte. Front glass is seperate from the rear glass, which is tinted.

Awesome Frank, thank you , gonna have to get a couple

The body proportions look WAY more accurate than the Jada diecast. Separate bed rails and hood vents are a nice touch- should make detail painting them much easier. As someone who's always had mixed results tinting kit glass the factory-tinted rear unit is a good move. Looks like a step or two up from the '90's era Snap Tite kits, which were pretty good to begin with. To be honest, though, I'd still be buying a few even if they were closer to the Build And Play kits. :D

The body proportions look WAY more accurate than the Jada diecast. Separate bed rails and hood vents are a nice touch- should make detail painting them much easier. As someone who's always had mixed results tinting kit glass the factory-tinted rear unit is a good move. Looks like a step or two up from the '90's era Snap Tite kits, which were pretty good to begin with. To be honest, though, I'd still be buying a few even if they were closer to the Build And Play kits. :D

Absolutely. And when the build and play 2016 one comes out to market, they'll be great together lol.

Absolutely. And when the build and play 2016 one comes out to market, they'll be great together lol.

STILL going to get the '16, B&P or not. ^_^ People can scoff at the build and play kits all they like, but they do make pretty good shelf models when painted and detailed, just like any other curbside kit. Sometimes subject matter just trumps the kits shortcomings. But Revell can keep the more detailed, higher-parts count snap kits coming too, if they're at least as good as this one.

Cant wait to get this kit i ordered it hopefully itll look nice next to my 2017 kit yes 2017 the new raptor is a 17 model year coming out late 16.

Model years lol! Ok, which ever Ford wants to designate it. Tower has these now. for $13, this is a really really decent kit!

The kit will need a good detailing like the autoshow raptor... but will not need lifted like it nor will the lights need as much detailing. The front bumper shoulda been seperate in blavk plastic like the rear. And the sunroof shoulda been on the tinted glass

post-9823-0-13508400-1425437113_thumb.jp

The kit will need a good detailing like the autoshow raptor... but will not need lifted like it nor will the lights need as much detailing. The front bumper shoulda been seperate in blavk plastic like the rear. And the sunroof shoulda been on the tinted glass

I agree about the front bumper. It looks like it might have been a separate part, that they decided to add to the body later on. There is an empty spot on one of the sprues for a part, that seems about the size of the bumper. Also the way the bumper and the body meet, look like it was set up to have been separate.

I was eyein' the new Raptor Snap kit yesterday at my LHS, but I didn't get it as I have very few kit's past the 60's in my collection. I hope to be gettin' a new 1:1 truck in the next year or so and am lookin' at Fords & Rams. I've had Chevy trucks since the late 70's and it's time for a change.