Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photography as art?

DrewCfromSC

Drew, I was an advertising major at Virginia Commonwealth University 1972-3 . There , I studied the art of developing both Color and Black and white films . we were required to make a Pin hole camera and actually use it . Now while this isn't a copy of Petersons Photographic , its photography and art combined . The photo you shared of the old truck cab in B & W is stunning , well to me it is . Heck I see a grizzled ole cowhand reaching over to open a Lonestar Beer. I can tell he earned every penny he ever fought for too. You can tell the hard life he's encountered by the bullitt holes in the truck . One season of raising Tobacco will teach ya all about what LABOR is all about.

Me, I have actually done a little of both. I worked in an Earl Schieb shop to support my going to college at night . Yes , I actually helped raise some tobacco too. You havent seen what workin in the fields can do to age someone .

Drew , thanks for sharing such an interesting piece . I think you now need to do a model based upon such a truck say a Revell 50 Ford or a A M T 50 Chevrolet . Either will make a fine candidate ! Ed Shaver

Drew - Nice photo of the truck cab. Thank you! I like the avatar too. I've got a soft spot for VWs...<ahttp://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png' alt=':)'> VWs are pretty cool little cars! Thanks for your comments. Drew

Edited by zwitterman

• 2 weeks later...

Photography is not art.

Photography IS Fine Art.

I can source thousands of photographers after 25 years in the business. I look at vehicles as art....sculpture, innovative engineering, and of course finish. I see a handful of photographers who are artists and not technicians and even in my limited scope, I know there are 1000s more out there.......

Heres a few that get me going...do a search and enjoy!!

Mike Lichter

Tim White

Patrick Murphy Racey

Clyde Butcher