Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4th Quarter new kit announcements

Just so we're all on the same Torino page here:

1974-76 Starsky and Hutch Torino:

1974_ford_torinopic41070-vi.jpg

And just to confuse things even further, the 1972 "Clint Eastwood" Gran Torino, which is mechanically similar to the 74 and, IMHO, would make an awesome follow up... Now get off my lawn!!!

gran-torino.jpg?w=500&h=211

was about to post the same before I saw yours Brett, and if indeed full glue, most likely, as is a Ranchero (if the same wheelbase) to finance the tooling, but wouldn't mind a wagon either...can't have too many longroofs.

http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/5078/

http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/2893/

http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/2592/

Anyway, this announcement realy made my day, realy hope ROG adds it to it's 2015 lineup too.

More power to big American '70s cruisers, no Pinto's, Gremlins, cavaliers and Omni's for me

;^)

A striped tomato, still can't believe it, I'm sure when I awake tomorrow, this tread and all traces on the TH site will be gone LOL

Edited by Luc Janssens

Great Heads Up People!

Wish there were more Iconic race cars in their!!! Bigs car and the Chezoom Corvair should be interesting. I know it's about selling as many kits as possible however I wish they would produce some older style iconic INDY and Drag cars. I know it won't happen but it's a dream.

I have a few iconic resin Indy cars (unbuilt) and I appreciate all the work the artisans put into the making of these kits.

I have seen some great examples of these cars and you would swear they were 1:1 But many of the kits lack much detail, like engines, proper cockpits bla bla. Some of the resin conversion kits are really great, I just wish more were available.

Another thing I think many people are over looking is that we could also have the Explorer based Interceptor as a possibility since they haven't specified.

Ford-Explorer-Police-Interceptor-SUV.jpg

Folks, before you all get excited, did not Revell convert there snap Ford Expedition to a Police version? Could this just be a reissue?

85-1972-lg.jpg

....And just to confuse things even further, the 1972 "Clint Eastwood" Gran Torino, which is mechanically similar to the 74 and, IMHO, would make an awesome follow up... Now get off my lawn!!!

gran-torino.jpg?w=500&h=211

God, I love that one so. Maybe I'll take one for the team, work from the Model King stock car or get an unobtainium JoHan to bash with the Revell mechanicals, just so they can announce their kit as I'm getting the bumpers on...

Folks, before you all get excited, did not Revell convert there snap Ford Expedition to a Police version? Could this just be a reissue?

While it's certainly possible, why wouldn't it be under the Ford Expedition name. The rebox (can you call putting something in a clam shell store hanger a reBOX?) of the Audi R8 into that non-box is listed by it's name rather than "Audi Sportscar". Beyond that on a technical footing you can't reissue something you currently have issued :lol:

Looking at the list of future releases I noticed the snap tite Ford SVT Raptor seems to be missing,is it still being released?

The SVT Raptor is 3Q release, so it's not the subject of this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beyond that there was quite a bit of complaining/whining/et al about why it took Revell so long to put out a kit when the Asian manufacturers can announce something and then release it 60-90 days later (the lag of getting into the U.S. doesn't count). Now Revell goes to that format of doing quarterly announcements and the pendulum has swung the ENTIRE opposite way and as seen in the other thread about the '14 Corvette people are losing their minds that Revell can't possibly keep secret a kit like the Torino and then actually issue it without it being some red-headed stepchild of the '70 Torino GT kit.

Pick.a.side...it can't be both at once.

The thing to me - unless there are more secrets to be told - is the lack of any real NEW tooling other than the Corvette & Torino. The '14 Mustang isn't the NEW car, it's the last car of the '10 GT/'13 Boss generation. Maybe the Corvette bodes well that they've managed to "dumb down" the Challenger, Camaro & now Mustang into the easier pre-painted kits, maybe they'll expand the Stingray into a full-on Level 3 (or whatever level full on glue kits are with the new level system), full detail kit in 2015. There's a lot of money being funneled into the lower age bracket/lower skill level, we shall see if that investment pays dividends in the long term. You'd have figured maybe something else in the way of modified tooling ('57 Ford, '50 Olds, etc)...or perhaps we have to wait till August to have our minds fully blown. A classic bait and "switch"..."leak" information and then WOW them with the official release.

Guys, guys, guys! When I read some of this speculation I want to scream! (not really, but....)

The model companies employ some very smart, dedicated and committed people these days. Are they always right? No. Are they usually right? Far more often then not.

So my studied advice would to "presume the best" until the companies introduce their upcoming products and you have a chance to buy and build them. Then....bombs away, if need be.

As for me personally, I would never build a S&H Torino if such a kit were to be introduced, but I understand that many, many model builder view this topic with the same awe that I view topics like a '70 GTO Judge Ram Air IV Convertible or a '64 Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso... Plus, as Chuck alludes to above, combined with the JoHan snap kit '72 Torino body and some model year specific back dating to the powertrain, the innards of a S&H kit would provide a great basis for a full detail '72 Torino GT kitbash. And THAT is a topic that I would most certainly hold in the same awe as the others I mentioned. (Plus, have you ever seen what a couple of 429 four barrel ';72 Torinos are running in the Pure Stock drags? Talk about a sleeper!)

Just my 2 Cents....TB ,

Edited by tim boyd

I'm aware of that,but the 67'Camaro is a 3Q release as well,and I saw it mentioned,so I was just asking.

I skimmed the listings over there and I missed it too just looking for it. But specifically searching it shows a September release. Interestingly enough the '13 Challenger & Camaro which were showing September when this thread was started a few days ago now say Late October. Some shuffling of release dates already...

Isn't Lindberg owned by Round 2. Which owns AMT/MPC

I'm a little disappointed the Jeep Rubicon is the 97-06 model, but I guess there just modifying the Tomb Raider Jeep, which is ok with me because it will be stock

Edited by gasman

I have to agree that the Ford police car was a big let down, I was really really wanting to build a Los Santos PD car. :( Other things to take note of: That sure doesn't look like a '70 Torino to me, but don't worry it will suck no matter how good it is because other people say so. :lol: And then we have the totally unexpected Wrangler Rubicon snap kit. Things I'm looking forward to: The Torino (I do like big unique 70's Muscle cars), The Rabbit will make a nice addition to my vintage imports, and The Integra since I've seen so many good examples built. Hopefully people will finally be glad about a new Corvette kit, I've noticed a lot of people really want one.

Why, it's a entry level model kit for kids.

It's a police car they can build, play with, probably chasing the Mustang...

No more no less...

Because you can do the same with the Lindbergs Ford Crown Vic Police Car kit, I understand what its for, but they could of done the same thing with the new Ford Interceptor , and maybe got more sales.

Edited by martinfan5

Take a look the police car looks like the mold has been stolen from lindberg

my lindberg cop. they look the same

Well, with Round2 owning the Lindberg tooling, so pretty sure its not from the Lindberg tooling, its probably based off of Motor Max's version

10562941_10152559899050699_2052130602007

Very disappointed with the "Ford Police Car" kit, I was hoping for something from this decade.

This decade? How about this CENTURY?

Why, it's a entry level model kit for kids.

It's a police car they can build, play with, probably chasing the Mustang...

No more no less...

Now all of us adult modelers were told to grin and bear it with that 7 piece 2015 Mustang, and a few really nice builds of it have gone around. But why if it's entry level for kids, could it not be a Taurus Police Interceptor? Rather than pouring plastic through the old Motormax diecast tooling? Because the idea they cut a whole NEW to the world tooling for that Crown Vic is frankly stupid, when the same money could have cut a 2014 Police Interceptor. Could they not build and play around a new car with their new Mustang? Nobody over here is still patrolling the streets in a car that in that body style was last produced SEVENTEEN year ago

You know what the REAL irony of that is? When Lindberg released their kit of that body style Crown Vic they were given a ration of flack over it being released AFTER the body style changed to the 1998-2011 body. Here we are SIXTEEN years later and we're kicking another one of them out?

Because you can do the same with the Lindbergs Ford Crown Vic Police Car kit, I understand what its for, but they could of done the same thing with the new Ford Interceptor , and maybe got more sales.

That is one thing that I do not understand . The repeating of the same year or model as your competitor . One would think that with the fewer kits being sold you would not try to sell the same kit.

Maybe kids see a police car, not a brand nor model year, for Revell to use this one...maybe the licensing is dirt cheap, dunno just guessing.

Isn't Lindberg owned by Round 2. Which owns AMT/MPC

Yeah, but they're making a big deal about Lindberg kits being made in the US and the Crown Vic was a J Lloyd-era made in China kit, so it doesn't really fit into the Lindberg line going forward. Maybe Revell bought it? Makes more sense than them tooling it up from scratch.