Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forgotten kit build off?

Darin Bastedo

Yeah, that is what I'm talking about. Those are good kits and I have yet to see one built.

Iposted a finished one earlier this year in the under glass section, AMT's ragtop version of the kit.

AMT S/10 GMS Sonoma, Blazer $ Jimmy Kits

AMT 97 Ford Explorer

AMT 67 Impala SS

Revell 67 Corvette Coupe and Roadster

Monogram 1964 GTO

Revell 1966 GTO

Revell Shelby Series one

Revell 1955 Chevy Convertible

Forgotten? :P:P:P:P:P I've got at least one each of those in my stash! :P (Well, except the Revell '55 Chevy Convert and the '67 Vettes.)

Want some forgotten kits? I've got a few!

IMG_44731-vi.jpg

Renwal '66 Packard

IMG_5292-vi.jpg

Heller Citroen Trefle

IMG_5300-vi.jpg

Heller Renault Vivastella

Or, my favorite of the bunch...

IMG_33671-vi.jpg

Esci's Ford Transit

Of the above, probably only the Transit has any shot at being finished by the end of '10 because it's a pretty simple curbside, but who knows? Maybe I'll jump in on this one. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 70's Dusters (street or stock) or the mis labled Dodge Dart kits. Even when they were new I only saw a few built. I saw quite of few started, but only a few finished.

-Scott H.

You know, that just reminded me of another AMT Mopar, and quite possibly my entry in this build, the 70 Coronet Super Bee Pro Street kit. I think that was a nice kit that was quite popular, but has anyone ever really seen it built the way it was intended? I'm sure most were parted out either for the Hemi or the back halves, or both. Mine sure were! I know before I lost my first collection in a house fire in 1997, I had at least 3 or 4 of them that were all raided for parts. I currently have 5 of them on the shelf now, and one still sealed just so I wouldn't be tempted to steal parts from it!

You know, that just reminded me of another AMT Mopar, and quite possibly my entry in this build, the 70 Coronet Super Bee Pro Street kit. I think that was a nice kit that was quite popular, but has anyone ever really seen it built the way it was intended? I'm sure most were parted out either for the Hemi or the back halves, or both. Mine sure were! I know before I lost my first collection in a house fire in 1997, I had at least 3 or 4 of them that were all raided for parts. I currently have 5 of them on the shelf now, and one still sealed just so I wouldn't be tempted to steal parts from it!

I've seen a few over the years, of the two I've built only one was as the kit

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/awesome55/no%20cars%20like%20mopars/superbeeoutside2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/awesome55/no%20cars%20like%20mopars/sbmotorcloseup1.jpg

the other was as a pro mod

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/awesome55/doorslammers/superbeedone001.jpg

First off, I want to thank Darin for this great idea for a build. I mainly like to build what never gets built.

I will be very excited to join in on this build. Darin, maybe you should start a new thread in the "On the workbench" section. ;) Everyone would post their work there :) . The demo derby build has worked out well like that.

My choice for the "Forgotten kit build" will be. The Jo-Han produced AMC '66 Marlin. :) Let's have fun guys. :)

Edited by Monte's Motors

I say we just post our progress with the kit name with forgotten build after it, ex. Revell Shelby series one - Forgotten Build.

That way we can all follow along.

ok, now i just got to get the proper red for the tommy kaira m13, and the yellow for the mr-s, and what the heck maybe one more........ um..... i'll let that one show its self later, lol :lol:

Edited by B_rad88

Does this start whenever we feel like starting our kit??

Either way, I'll be building an AMT 93 Ford Ranger Splash. It will be built FACTORY stock (not box stock). Meaning I will be updating the interior to the 95 style and using Hoppin Hydros tires on it. The one I owned had low profile tires from the factory.