Model Cars Magazine Forum

PEGASUS! Flying Mustang A/G Racer...WIP 3-29-13

Ira

SPOILERS!!!

I cut 2 lengths of 5/16th inch wide Plastic Strip and glued them in place to extend the Spoilers...

DSCN1248P_zpse24ba0b3.jpg

I made 2 Jet Engine Mounts from Sheet Plastic and attached them as shown.

DSCN1259P_zpsc939b915.jpg

This View shows the Engine Mounts and all 6 of the Pegasus Fins!

DSCN1267P_zps3c57bceb.jpg

Side View!

DSCN1254P_zps113af98f.jpg

Hope you like it so far... B)

I've been watching this one, Ira, and it's been a blast (like all your projects)! I sometimes wonder why you bother buying kits at all; I'd love to see what you would do completely from scratch.

O.K., now that I've stroked your ego (deservedly); the round portholes just don't seem to go with the lines of this flier. Other than that, I couldn't have done better myself.... Alright, I couldn't come anywhere close to this myself :rolleyes:

I've been watching this one, Ira, and it's been a blast (like all your projects)! I sometimes wonder why you bother buying kits at all; I'd love to see what you would do completely from scratch.

O.K., now that I've stroked your ego (deservedly); the round portholes just don't seem to go with the lines of this flier. Other than that, I couldn't have done better myself.... Alright, I couldn't come anywhere close to this myself :rolleyes:

Dude, the countermeasures launch from those port holes... ;)

When I saw the first posting I thought, NO don't cut up a good kit. Now after seeing progress I'm impressed. So impressed I finally signed up for this forum just so I can say I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the completed model.

Thanks for the kind words Rusty!!!

Welcome to the forum... B)

Ira,

Looking good as always. Wish they would reissue the pod racer seems like the engines are perfect for 1/24 or 1/25 scale.

See the Olds Aerotech in the background and I saw that in the Quad bike you were doing it next.

Any in progress photos of it yet?

bobthehobbyguy

THANKS BOB!

No Aerotech photos yet, soon after NNL West I willl be posting WIP photos on 2 other New Projects... B)

ROUNDING THE INTAKES!!!

I rounded out the inside of the Intakes with "Half-Round" Plastic Strip and Putty...

DSCN1476P_zpsdc090ec2.jpg

Got the Fins and Spoilers molded in, nice & smooth. Most of the Body & Underbody work is done now, so I applied some more primer.

DSCN1474P_zps1ad734ae.jpg

B)

Thanks Johaan!

The "portholes" are where the fuel is put in Pegasus... B)

You don't know me. And this is crazy! But your model skills... ARE AMAZING!!!! This is unreal!! Like many others have said, to have your imagination with modeling skills would lead to never ending fun. Heck, by using a sharpie on my last model I thought I had entered into a new frontier. Compared to this, I'm still on the porch. Very nice work!! Can't wait for the end product.