Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1/24......... MG-TC.

Yad'

Hi guys....................

Here'a a walk round of an old build that's never been fully seen here, I did post a short "pictorial how to" on the wire wheels not too long ago and seeing as I'd recently posted this walk round elsewhere - and I don't think there's much of a cross over in viewers?............. So after the efforts of composing the post, I thought I'd give it a week or so and see if you guys fancied a look-see?

There are several more shots of various in-progress sequences and assemblies but most of it is pretty much covered here. If you have the kit or built it in the past you'll be aware of just how tiny the completed model is? - So, when viewing these mercilessly enlarged pic's - please be gentle, [smiling].

Here you go then.......................

MG-TC-7.jpg

MG-TC-2.jpg

MG-TC-5.jpg

MG-TC-4.jpg

MG-TC-6.jpg

MG-TC-1.jpg

MG-TC-3.jpg

Img821.jpg

Img914.jpg

Apologies about the amount of pic's, I do try and make sure that all are under 100k for any dial-up guys, but I thought it best to get this all over and done this one time!!

Thanks for looking guys............. as ever thoughts or comments welcome.

Cheers all............... Andi

Edited by Yad'

Andi, I am standing up and applauding you!

I love to see models built up that are not the norm.

I love these old cars, my dad was into them when they were "new" cars.

Great build

do you have high res shots of the build and final beauty shots?

Gregg'................

Thank you for your applause, it's nice to have ones efforts appreciated.

Regards the pic's most of this selection were taken with the web in mind so they're all pretty low res'. I think even the originals are only about 300kb. I'm not sure what's in your mind but it would be easy enough to take a new selection at a greater value and at an appropriate size, with effect the finished shots that you see here are my normal style with a white background. I could possibly accommodate different effects within reason, that is if you have something particular that you're thinking of?

Thanks once again.................... Andi

Beautiful build. I saw your explaination of thr wire wheel construction technique you created before, just perfect. Obviously, the wire wheels make this unique model stand out. Over all it is nicely excuted. Owning two MG's myself, I am really into the cars and have viewed many TC's, TD's. TF's and A and B's, the point being, you nailed the look. Like someone else mentioned, I can smell the oil and gas on this one all the way over here.

amazing looking build of a car that holds a classic place in auto / auto race history.

There is a great book called "Last Open Road" by B. S. Levy that the TC plays a huge role in. Anyone that is into auto racing really should check it out.

Andy.. keep the good work coming

Dave

• 14 years later...