Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another contest book?

If you don't make the pictures bigger with better descriptions of what and why, I won't be buying it. I want to learn. Rarely do the contest books teach me.

Sorry, but I'll take a good issue of how tos over a contest book anytime.

Mike

Mike,

Everybody wants something specific from the magazine and it is very hard to please each and every reader with each and every issue. You Mike, want big pictures and lots of explanation but unfortunately that would be at the expense of cutting maybe 6 other readers models. These 6 other readers are modelers who want to see their cars printed within the pages of this very magazine and they are very important to the survivability of MCM.

This is why the staff at Model Cars Magazine generally runs a variety of articles including How-to's, contest coverage, features and reviews in each issue in order to please the broadest cross section of the public.

If you Mike are a new comer to this hobby and want to learn then purchase a subscription to MCM because you will not be disappointed because we publish articles for the beginner and the advanced modeler alike.

Oh yes, please put your full name, first and last in the signature box in the Profile section of this forum.

Thank you!

8)

If we make pics bigger, can't run as many models.

It's a tough trade, I know

I am also working on making every single model I shoot available on the web also.

That's a lot of work...

That would be a hit. . . :lol:

Having everything "on-line", is a great idea, that way everybody gets a chance to be "seen".

8)

I'm not a newbie. I've been an active modler (not a finisher) since high school. I've read SAE (when it was good), Car Modeler, Plastic Fanatic and Model Cars for something over twenty years. I find that I can still learn. Its amazing how once you can over the idea that you know it all you can still learn. Just last night I did my first reshaping of a resin body. Absolutely amazing.

I'm sorry but I like the idea of contest coverage mixed in a regular issue. I also like to kow enough about a model to be able to say. "Man that's neat....I ought to try that. " When the pictures get so small that I can't tell anythig about it, I feel like I'm looking at postage stamps.

How's this for a compromise. Expand the ceoverag like you did the Top Fuel article on the web site. That way, if I want details, I go on line and get them. You may want to have a link that is only advertised in the magazine so people will go to the web after buying the magazine.

Mike Ditchen