Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 57 Chevy Bel Air Review Needed

Because the only wheels included were the ridonkulous wheels. That being said, I did buy 2 of em, so I guess the joke's on me, LOL

By the way, that "Pepper Shaker" box art is killer! I would have bought it just for the art!

Edited by Nate

It's the same tooling. I can't remember if it had the customizing parts, though. It does have the engine stand and S.C.o.T. Blower and side draft carbs which is a pretty unique looking set-up. I think it came with a small flat screen tv and play station like video game controllers. There was a tiny alligator in that kit too, and some other goodies that I can't remember.

Edited by Nate

Yes the Boyd issue does have the Buick grill. It also has lowered (dif A arms) front suspension, the rear axle is also different to sit lower.

I think I read somewhere the front and rear suspension pieces are fully chrome plated, too.

• 2 years later...

The instruction sheet from the AMT T1-757 Trophy Series kit is viewable HERE  I'm not sure if this is the original issue or not, but both the A and B stylizing options are shown.

The instruction sheet from the later, de-contented AMT 6563 issue of the same kit can be viewed HERE

I will try to get some images of the parts from both partial kits taken and posted in the near future.

The Boyd's kit, does have some sloppy molding in it, but it does not look THAT bad to me, anyways. The lowered rear suspension is fully chromed, and has displaced so other parts on the chrome tree. The kit I have was given to me in a Ziploc bag, missing decals Instruction and the Boyd's wheels., It is missing some other parts (I have never bothered to check exactly which ones) and is being built as a Gasser/Street Freak car, with a Blown Small Block.

The instruction sheet from the AMT T1-757 Trophy Series kit is viewable HERE  I'm not sure if this is the original issue or not, but both the A and B stylizing options are shown.

The instruction sheet from the later, de-contented AMT 6563 issue of the same kit can be viewed HERE

I will try to get some images of the parts from both partial kits taken and posted in the near future.

Those original T1-757 Trophy instructions are great. As a side note. One of my favorite things that came with this kit was the Tiki shift lever. What a gas!

• 1 year later...

Does anybody else remember this?

When the new-tool, state-of-the-art AMT '57 Chevy came out (opening trunk etc.), I remember reading somewhere that AMT wanted to retire the original '57 kit forever and hoped everybody would forget about it.  So it's pretty funny that they're still re-issuing that old 1962-vintage '57 kit, here in 2017.  

When I was at Model Empire's big sale last year, there were a lot of '57 Chevy Styline front and rear ends in the parts pile - maybe I should grab a few next time.

That place is a real zoo when they have their annual parts sale. I really don't need any more parts, kits, paint, etc. only more motivation.