Model Cars Magazine Forum

X-ITE! Fun With Ed Roth's Surfite...WIP 4-14-13

Ira

MORE BLACK!!!

I painted the inside of X-ite with Tamiya Flat Black. Engines and Landing Gear are from AMT's Star Wars X-Wing Fighter.

DSCN1467X_zps24d9140d.jpg

The Access Panel was also painted Black and '32 Ford Hubcaps were used as Vertical Thrusters...

DSCN1485X_zps144b6d4b.jpg

Almost Done... B)

Edited by Ira

LOTS OF GLASS!!!

I added the Rear Door Glass and the Windshield. Later, I applied Black Stripping Tape around the Windshields Edges, to cover the glue line. The Side Windows were a little tricky to fit in, but I got them in. I used a product called Formula 560 Cockpit Glue to attach the Windows, Good Product!

DSCN1491X_zps4b1dfc3c.jpg

FINISHED X-ITE Photos Coming Next... B)

I like you're version better . This one looks more "Balanced ". I'm surprised Ed Roth himself never envisioned a second version of his creation. I met him once when he was part of a World of Wheels show in Dallas once . He really was a wealth of useful information that day. He would stop and answer my questions as he was signing autographs for others .

Thanks Ed!

Glad you like it... B)

It's looking awesome Ira! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!!! B)

Thanks Marshall!

I am working on a few Space Ships and I just started a project with two 8th scale 1985 Corvettes... B)

awsome !!!

Thanks Richard!

B)

Heh I am not the only one that found those sandwich stakes, and drink stirrers handy.. I seen that clear colored plastic I was seeing a billion ways of using them!

Looking very awesome..

Thanks Derrick!

Yeah, I save some funny little things... B)