Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #162 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

That's exactly what I was hoping... that some of you would think it was the new Danbury model. I just got mine, and it's amazing!

It is...I made one simple modification to mine. I guess some of the earlier production runs have incorrect width on the whitewalls. They painted the inner part blue. I popped them out w/ a blade, scraped the blue paint off, sanded and repainted white. Big improvement. Here's the thread from the Diecast Ramblings board that made me do it:

http://www.diecastramblings.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2115

I also have to admit I had seen a picture of the car you posted in an auction report article a while ago. I think it sold for a bit over $200k. I remember drooling over it and thinking that if I only had the money...well, one can dream, no?

It is...I made one simple modification to mine. I guess some of the earlier production runs have incorrect width on the whitewalls. They painted the inner part blue. I popped them out w/ a blade, scraped the blue paint off, sanded and repainted white. Big improvement.

Yeah, mine has the incorrect narrow WWs too. I think I'll give that fix a try.

Danbury Mint out-did themselves on this; I don't get many diecast models, but if there is an especially amazing one, and if it's a car that appeals to me and isn't available in kit form, resin, etc., I will go for it. I wish Bandai would re-release the 1/16 '37s, but that looks unlikely. I doubt this car will see the light of day in kitform, so it was a must have. I find it amazing they were able to incorporate all the working features in 1/24.

• 3 weeks later...