Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ever Dealt With Star Models? Recommendation?

E-Mail them to see if they have what you want first. If they do, you'll get it fast. I often PayPal and have had kits in two days a couple times, usually in 3 or 4. he uses USPS Pri. Great to deal with in every aspect! On the quality aspect, he has no unusual control over the quality, he is a retailer for several resin companies. R and R are hit or miss, don't expect a Modelhaus, and you won't have to pay for one either. For the advanced hobbyist only. Maybe post the kits you are interested in to see if anyone here has bought them and ask any questions you may have.

Edited by Ayatollah

I do think he or his partner makes the vacuum formed & resin Salt Flats Belly tanker kit I also bought from him, (not listed on his site that I can tell), & it is a very clean piece of work that will build up easily.

B)

They list several unusual subjects difficult to find anywhere else. On line they show a 31 Ford Roadster which interests me. Also, the only belly tanker I've located was on the Hapico site (http://www.hapico.com/ - under 1/24 scale kits). It's a semi-complete kit which in fact requires extensive detailing and is quite expensive. It does appear to build up quite nicely though. I would be interested in learning more about the belly tanker you bought from them.

Here are some pics from the Hapico site (click on image to enlarge):

th_4_tank_open_frt.jpgth_4tanktop.jpgth_4tank_bare_tanker_frt.jpgth_4tank_baretanker_rr.jpgth_4tankkit1.jpgth_4tankkit2.jpg

What I'm thinking of doing is ordering a Chevrolet 1959 flat top sedan and1960 Cadillac Coupe to convert the Cadillac into a replica of my own car. The roof is a bit of a bear to convert as it means cutting the old off and grafting the four door roof on. Then I will have to sort some kind of 4 door interior.

On the 1-1 vehicle I think the wheelbase is the same for all the cars in the Cadillac range except the series 75 so if that is correct the roof should fit.

Thanks, John

What I'm thinking of doing is ordering a Chevrolet 1959 flat top sedan and1960 Cadillac Coupe to convert the Cadillac into a replica of my own car. The roof is a bit of a bear to convert as it means cutting the old off and grafting the four door roof on. Then I will have to sort some kind of 4 door interior.

On the 1-1 vehicle I think the wheelbase is the same for all the cars in the Cadillac range except the series 75 so if that is correct the roof should fit.

Thanks, John

The Modelhaus offers a resin 1959 Chevy four door hardtop roof section so you may not have to buy the R&R resin kit just for the roof.

carrucha

http://resinrealm.net/GALLERIES/RRGallery/index.html

I found this site via an eBay link, just wondered about

Ordering

Reliability

Quality / accuracy.

There are a few kits I wish to order as they seem reasonably priced.

Over to you guys and gals

John

I have dealt with Steve Kohler in person and thru the mail, Steve is an upstanding dealer, I would deal with Him in a heartbeat. He deals in Jimmy Flintstone, Hendrix and R&R resin, as well as other scale parts. Thats my opinion of the Resin Realm. Ron