Model Cars Magazine Forum

cheap wired distributor

went to radio shack bought some 30 gauge wire for about 5 bucks

post-6872-0-43585400-1352930621_thumb.jp

cut how many u need and twist the end. then i super glued the end i let it dry for about 2 hours

post-6872-0-22383300-1352930586_thumb.jp

i drilled out the distributor. i would of drilled out 7 small hole but i messed it up lol

post-6872-0-42149100-1352930598_thumb.jp

then put the wire in each hole or what i did drill a big hole and glue them in

post-6872-0-64979500-1352930754_thumb.jp

i also take the coating off and wrap around a needle and u can make linkage for your carbs

post-6872-0-26204400-1352931125_thumb.jp

hope u guys enjoy this is my first tips on the forum

Edited by tiltawhirl

well no more tips from me then

good to see you back, derek...haven't seen you around here in a bit.

don't get discouraged by some of the folks on here. Its a great tip for those that are looking for a way to make a distributor or need one in a "pinch".

thanks for sharing.

Guest G Holding

I haven't bought a "med" distributor yet. I like new ways of working with what I have. Not everyone has money.

And I am as cheap as they come....last time I went shopping for drill bits...I can get one predrilled cap for less than the drill bit cost. I have used the R&M caps for years..3 for $5.00, and look real vs 1 big hole.When I used to try and drill...usually took 45 min or so.Add a couple of broken drills....

Guest G Holding

well no more tips from me then

WHY ? Hurt feelings? C'mon man...your tip is valid, just can be done better. I did that style years ago, and have learned a lot here.

personally I try make everything in house if I can. ( I tend to be something of a tightwad )

my problem has been being able to see the dist cap to drill it, having stuck the mini drill into my finger a few times,,,,,,,,I started buying the done MAD dist

Thanx for the tip! Just what I need, since I don't like to afford to those Pre Wired distributors. I would need them maybe more than 10 in one year, man that would take my all modeling budget! Now I use Scale Dreams wire, but it's not very easy to get, I mean that the posting costs....

Needs to look if I can find that kind of wire somewhere. Thanks!

• 1 month later...