Model Cars Magazine Forum

advice on a kit

JefferyGilbert62

It's an ok kit, I think. Building is just not that good. Tools in the kit are good but are dated to the 60's or70's era. You may want to look into SMBC and modelcarjunkyard. I got a bunch of tools and shop equipment from SMBC, very nice parts and delivered within the stated delivery time 6 to 8 weeks. I got the gas station book from modelcarjunkyard. Its an ok book you have to print the blue prints out for 1/25 scale. It's not as good as there barn book but you can build a nice gas station from it you could also alter the plans a little and build it just as a two bay repair shop.

Hope this info helps some

It's an ok kit, I think. Building is just not that good. Tools in the kit are good but are dated to the 60's or70's era. You may want to look into SMBC and modelcarjunkyard. I got a bunch of tools and shop equipment from SMBC, very nice parts and delivered within the stated delivery time 6 to 8 weeks. I got the gas station book from modelcarjunkyard. Its an ok book you have to print the blue prints out for 1/25 scale. It's not as good as there barn book but you can build a nice gas station from it you could also alter the plans a little and build it just as a two bay repair shop.

Hope this info helps some

Totally agree with Jason about SMBC,Chris makes some real nice diorama buildings and accessories if you want something easy to build.Here is the link to my diorama,you can see the MRC Texaco and buildings I have bought from Chris in the past.

http://www.modelcars...?showtopic=3221

Got to agree also with these guys. I had the kit, lots of nice details, you'll have a load of gluing to do, about 50 oil cans in 2 pieces. Check out Chris's stuff. first class.

• 3 weeks later...

I made the ones on mine from Cake decoration Baby Bottles but Scenes Unlimited has som very nice ones. Anytime you want to see it George just stop by my shop. It is sitting on a shelf there. You would be more than welcome to stop by if you are in my neck of the woods.

Jeffery, there is pretty much a step by step of mine in my Photobucket or if you have questions just ask if I can help.

Ron