Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!

SuperStockAndy

• 4 weeks later...

When I was a kid my dad took me to a few races at Great lakes drag way. I saw this truck a couple of times. My Father and I both loved it and talked about it a lot over the years. When I saw the kit I had to pick it up. Here is the most memorable drag racing truck in my life.

post-13809-0-30643700-1409615663_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

When I was a kid my dad took me to a few races at Great lakes drag way. I saw this truck a couple of times. My Father and I both loved it and talked about it a lot over the years. When I saw the kit I had to pick it up. Here is the most memorable drag racing truck in my life.

Love the A100 LRW build.

wow John you built a BOAT with that Tommy Ivo four engine setup? how many of those have you done now, three, at least? that's pretty darn amazing not to even mention the quality of the builds themselves. constant amazement from this corner man.

jb

Here's one of mine. AMT Camaro funny car body. Chassis scratch built from Evergreen plastic square rod. Interior made from aluminum roof flashing. Engine from MPC 57 Chevy gasser. Detail Master combination fittings and braided line. Other parts from here and there. Paint I Testors One Coat Laquer.

post-12052-0-28142900-1413035080_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Nice ones, Roger! Thanks for reviving this thread. The last time I posted was nearly 3 years ago. Good grief! Here are some of drag strip builds since then:

The Silver Slipper A-Fuel Dragster:

DSCF4014-web.jpg

The Terrible Topolino Fuel Competition Coupe:

DSCF4144-web.jpg

'41 Plymouth Barn Find F/Gasser:

DSCF4455-web.jpg

The Wild 'Stang Funny Car:

DSCF4779-web.jpg

Little Feather Junior Fuel Dragster:

DSCF5482-web.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron