Model Cars Magazine Forum

1973 Diecast Ford F-100 1/25 Scale

migace

First Gear is such a great company. I own many of them.

These Fords have just been produced. And with the plastic kits usually more money than what you can buy these for it seems like a great deal. Christmas is coming!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-FORD-F-100-STYLE-SIDE-PICKUP-RED-WHITE-1-25-FIRST-GEAR-40-0280-/400333978924?pt=Action_Figures_Diecast_US&hash=item5d35c3bd2c

I have 2 of the 1968 Chevrolet C-10's wow great trucks!

we have overlapping posts

I started this one as well

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66509

First gear makes great models, and I try to get them when I can. Their 1/25 scale is something they started on about 10 years ago and it is starting to take off. Originally only the rigs were done in 1/25, then they started to make 1/25 muscle cars. They also made a great 1/25 scale dodge ram van, short wheelbase. Search for one of those vans on google images or ebay they have great working doors.These are my two 68 C-10's that came out a couple years ago.

post-4670-0-53585500-1353462831_thumb.jp

post-4670-0-87296400-1353462856_thumb.jp

post-4670-0-34234900-1353462886_thumb.jp

post-4670-0-44503200-1353462904_thumb.jp

My dad bought a '75 in that exact color combo in November of '75. It had a 360 with a three on the tree. He was rough on it, especially for a new pickup. Even as a kid, I would complain about how he treated it. He would always say, "I bought it to use it, not to look at it!" I have an AMT '73 F350 that I plan to build a replica with. Maybe with Moebius doing the '71, they will also give us an F150 from that generation.

• 4 weeks later...

First Gear is such a great company. I own many of them.

These Fords have just been produced. And with the plastic kits usually more money than what you can buy these for it seems like a great deal. Christmas is coming!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-FORD-F-100-STYLE-SIDE-PICKUP-RED-WHITE-1-25-FIRST-GEAR-40-0280-/400333978924?pt=Action_Figures_Diecast_US&hash=item5d35c3bd2c

I have 2 of the 1968 Chevrolet C-10's wow great trucks!

your right the 68 chevys are very nice i'm glad they did the ford it has an accurate long bed better than the amt camper special bed i love the dodge ram van they do as well 1st gear is cool

My dad bought a '75 in that exact color combo in November of '75. It had a 360 with a three on the tree. He was rough on it, especially for a new pickup. Even as a kid, I would complain about how he treated it. He would always say, "I bought it to use it, not to look at it!" I have an AMT '73 F350 that I plan to build a replica with. Maybe with Moebius doing the '71, they will also give us an F150 from that generation.

they will i talk to dave burkett alot he is going to have them build a 73-79 ford pickup with the correct wheel base not like the amt camper special bed it will be in short and long bed versions and he say one is going to have an accurate 302

I have that van too, its great. I always go to Ebay and go to diecast vehicles then type in 1/25. I am always looking to add models that compliment my plastic. Welly of China does some great 1/25 scale and 1/24 scale all are less than 20.00 and hare very well detailed. Try their website out, look at all the cars they make. First Gear also has a pretty good site too to check back on as well.

I have that van too, its great. I always go to Ebay and go to diecast vehicles then type in 1/25. I am always looking to add models that compliment my plastic. Welly of China does some great 1/25 scale and 1/24 scale all are less than 20.00 and hare very well detailed. Try their website out, look at all the cars they make. First Gear also has a pretty good site too to check back on as well.

Thanks, I do have a few diecast. You have to watch the Welly cars, some are only 1/26 and smaller. They don't have the detail I want in diecast but could be fun to modify if they have something you're into.

AzTom