Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Ummmm, no Zen......you're thinking in Oz terms again.

You do know Tex Smith now lives (at least part of the year) down here now? So it was sort of relevant.

Nice mix of cars. I like it better when we have a theme. Helps me decide.

Edited by zenrat

It will look awkward next to all these muscle cars, but I'm going to attempt to field a Porsche 924 Turbo (first offered in 1978). This kit only has about 8 parts, so I'll have to add something to it, like an engine:

Edit: I looked in a Porsche book that I have, and its says that the 924 Turbo was first sold in the U.S. in 1979, so I'll register my entry as a 1979 Porsche 924 Turbo. State of the art for the year!

post-12291-0-86693800-1388117703_thumb.j

post-12291-0-35212500-1388117730_thumb.j

Edited by Jordan 191

The car body must be 1979 or older. However you may use any part/assembly from anything regardless of year.

Which will save us having arguments about "when those wheels were introduced" or "the X23 Big Block didn't have the underhand flange monkey grubbler valve blades until 1981".

I'm using a 1991 chassis and the biggest engine I can fit in the available space without cutting the bonnet.

Which will save us having arguments about "when those wheels were introduced" or "the X23 Big Block didn't have the underhand flange monkey grubbler valve blades until 1981".

I'm using a 1991 chassis and the biggest engine I can fit in the available space without cutting the bonnet.

:D :D :D

Hi Nick,

i am in, think about a Mustang, Charger or something classic...just must take a look in my stash.

One thing, i did not understood: is new drivetrain allowed, only car must be younger than 1979?

^ their you are and that's the exact reason, no need to question anything.

I've updated the entry list.

^ their you are and that's the exact reason, no need to question anything.

Yep, when I did my 1981 themed build, that was a bit a pain in the butt. A lot of research was involved on the part of the builder. Particularly when it came to wheels. But, there is nothing wrong either, with challenging the builder to learn about automotive history.