Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Ford pickup chopped, channeled, z'd..

Hello everyone. Managed to get some paint on a few items. The frame is black metallic along with the axle and rear end. I have the motor almost painted and I still have fuel lines and spark plug wires. I did get the brass knuckle shifter and bug catcher for the carb made......still have the headers to make. Wheels have been shot in fifties aqua and I'm loving the color. Still sanding away on the cab and bed......

013era.jpg

012jdu.jpg

whaaaa...is that your 1:1 Shane? Wow that thing is gnarly looking. Dam* dude I love It and my model looks really close to matching haha. I thought my bed might look better shorter like yours ...I might still do it. I want my headers to look just like those also. Too cool thanks for sharing that picture Shane I'm stoked now. Thanks John your definitely a big motivator for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well got some color on the cab and the did some more hacking here and there. Engine is done minus the headers...which I still do not have figured out yet. Interior is also done, but I'm afraid its hard to see in there with that chopped top. I don't know why the steering wheel was painted candy red...It seemed quite fitting even though it does not match the paint scheme. Seats are black vinyl pleats...nothing fancy. Hope to have this done by the end of the month. Thanks for looking

006qmx.jpg

008sj.jpg

009kc.jpg

• 4 months later...

Well got some color on the cab and the did some more hacking here and there. Engine is done minus the headers...which I still do not have figured out yet. Interior is also done, but I'm afraid its hard to see in there with that chopped top. I don't know why the steering wheel was painted candy red...It seemed quite fitting even though it does not match the paint scheme. Seats are black vinyl pleats...nothing fancy. Hope to have this done by the end of the month. Thanks for looking

006qmx.jpg

008sj.jpg

009kc.jpg

Nice job.

bobthehobbyguy