Model Cars Magazine Forum

Announced - Fujimi Ferrari 250GTO!!!!!

larrygre

You heard that right, and it is no rumor. Fujimi has announced a 1/24 Ferrari 250GTO in their Real Sports Car Series, item RS-35, expected release July 2008, price is 3200 yen. No details on variant as of yet.

Also coming from Fujimi, all 1/24 except where noted:

Ferrari Dino 246GT Deluxe Kit - the Real Sports Car Dino with photoetched parts and metal foil transfers.\

Ferrari F430 Challenge "Sharkmouth"

Ferrari 288GTO Deluxe Kit - the Enthusiast Model kit with photoetched parts and metal foil transfers

1/20 Ferrari 126C2 San Marino 1982 - has special Cartograf-printed decals

Ferrari F430 Scuderia

Ferrari F355 "World Tour"

And some non-Ferraris:

2007 VW Golf GTI Deluxe Kit - has photoetched parts and metal foil transfers

1971 Nissan 240ZG

1975 Mazda Savanna Rx-3 Racing Version

1964 Prince Skyline 2000GT (Type S54)

Bring on the 250GTO!!!!!!

Edited by larrygre

I am kinda wondering why they chose the 250GTO, seeing that there are three kits out there already: Italeri, Gunze (three versions) and Protar (two versions). Not complaining though, if they pop out a kit that tops the Italeri kit in looks and assembly, I'm all over it!

Have the Scuderia already preordered along with the 250 GTO. I have the Protar, Italeri, Gunze (Curbside) and Model Factory Hiro (MFH) 250 GTO's already. The MFH is nice, but body is too thick to nicely open up everything. The Protar (also the current Revell issue) has some issues needing attention. I'm hoping the Fujimi kit with the Protar and the KA models detail up set will yield a fully opened, full detail model.

As I have the orignial issue Fujimi EM 246 GTS and 288 GTO, I'm OK with those. I have the Crazy Modeler PE set for the 288 GTO and have the KA Models Detail Set coming for the 246.

I'm doing custom livery for the 430 Challenge, so I'm hanging tight on that for the moment.

These are good times for Ferrari Modelers!!

Wow!! Great news about the Ferrari's!!

I'm wondering though if the 250 is the Series I or the later rarer Series II car? Either way I wanna get one!

Also is the Dino the closed car, or the Spyder with the lift off roof? I built a Fujimi one with the million parts back in the '80's but disassembled it years ago, and now don't know where it is! :o

And yes Izzy, I had hoped not to spend so much on models this year, but that looks not to be the case now............... :(

Fujimi is certainly becoming Ferrari Central to the modelling community. Not sure where I'll find the room to store another pile of 'build in the future kits' but I'll achieve the extra room somehow. I wish Fujimi would switch to white plastic for their Ferrari kits though.

Rob W

Oh, is that Z car gonna have US spec bumpers and an LHD dash??

It may have an LHD dash, but the 240ZG was never imported into the USA. This is the same variant Tamiya did in 1/12 and Hasegawa in 1/24, with the streamlined clear headlight covers and the faired-in bumper on the front fascia.

Also is the Dino the closed car, or the Spyder with the lift off roof?

BIll, the Dino is the "late series" coupe. It looks like I was in error about the car being the curbside however - from what I have been able to gather from Fujimi's announcement, it looks like the Enthusiast Model kit is the one being reissued here with the metal foil transfers and the photoetched parts.

BTW, did you get to NNL East? I didn't see you there!

BIll, the Dino is the "late series" coupe. It looks like I was in error about the car being the curbside however - from what I have been able to gather from Fujimi's announcement, it looks like the Enthusiast Model kit is the one being reissued here with the metal foil transfers and the photoetched parts.

BTW, did you get to NNL East? I didn't see you there!

Thanks for the info Larry!

I don't have the coupe, but I'm glad it's the Enthusiast Series reissue! That one could be a bit fiddly, but builds into an absolutely gorgeous model! It was the Spyder I originally built that seems to be among the missing now.

No, I couldn't make it to the NNL this year................My mind said yes, but my bank account said no.

I could've gone, but I don't like going to shows when you can't buy anything, or you can't eat out anywhere because you're basically flat broke. :rolleyes:

From seeing Fujimi boxart photos the GTO will have an engine ;)

I certainly hope the tooling is done so that more than a GTO can be done with it.

Can't wait for the Scuderia and RX3 ;) Hopefully the aftermarket will do some kewl vintage schemes for the RX3...Gatorade car anyone?

'Bout ta say, I been on that FujimiMonkey site all over, and I was finding everything BUT the 250 GTO.

Hmm. Interesting. Only slight letdown for me so far is that it looks like they're going with one-piece Borranis. I'da loved to see some three-pieces like the ones from the Daytonas in this kit.

But hey, an engine! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Now if we can just have a good, accurate body, Fujimi will justify a new choice over those older, mostly out-of-production kits.

Some have come pretty close, but nobody's really bulls-eyed a mainstream plastic 250 GTO yet...

From the little bit of body shown in the picture Gerry posted today, it looks like Fujimi's GTO will be a late 1963 car, as was Gunze Sangyo's. But I'm with all of y'all in rejoicing that the GTO will be a full detail kit.

We might just get that Berlinetta Lusso yet....!

Cheers,

I'd still like to see a 250GT swb as well as the cali spyder and Lusso variants. Italeri and Gunze both did the swb, and Italeri did the cali spyder. I'm still curious as to what Hasegawa has up their sleeve as a follow up to the TR kit.

Count one 250, 246, and 288 for me pre-ordered. I'm curious on the 250 if there will be any decal makers doing some versions. I hopt it is as good as MFH's.

Nic

Nic,

I went looking for some photos of the Fujimi 250GTO cause I though it looked a bit like the old Protar kit and I thought it might have been just a Japanese rebox, and came along to this thread. Wow! A new GTO!

In answer to your question about decals - yep! If the GTO is any good Vintage Racing Miniatures will do up a few sheets - particularly cars from LeMans, Daytona, Goodwood TT, and Sebring (though a certain white GTO from Riverside will end up on one of the sheets as well). I already have a few GTO decals that I measured up for the Gunze body as it was the most accurate (but not perfect) of the plastic kits available. I will resize them for the new Fujimi kit as soon as I get my hands on one. Feel free to offer suggestions for specific cars!

So much to do! I'm about a week away from getting my first 250TR sheet sent off to Cartograf, and the second is about half done. I just never seem to get caught up before somebody releases something really cool!

Steve

If the GTO is any good Vintage Racing Miniatures will do up a few sheets - particularly cars from LeMans, Daytona, Goodwood TT, and Sebring (though a certain white GTO from Riverside will end up on one of the sheets as well). I already have a few GTO decals that I measured up for the Gunze body as it was the most accurate (but not perfect) of the plastic kits available. I will resize them for the new Fujimi kit as soon as I get my hands on one. Feel free to offer suggestions for specific cars!

So much to do! I'm about a week away from getting my first 250TR sheet sent off to Cartograf, and the second is about half done. I just never seem to get caught up before somebody releases something really cool!

Steve

I'm looking forward to the 250TR decals. Also planning on getting some Cheetah decals as I have the HRM kit. Any 250 GTO would be a real plus.