Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 peterbilt needle nose

I believe the Needlenose (351/281 with the butterfly hood & the 358/288 with the tilt hood like this model) predate the wide hood 359 which was introduced to have a larger radiator to cool the higher horsepower engines that were becoming available.

An amazing build!! Great job on a classic!! The 358 is a favorite along with the 351/288. A question on the kit.. have they discontinued it already?? I planned on getting two for builds but when I checked Hobbylinc and Tower Hobbies there is no listing not even saying out of stock??? I remember a few posts here where it seemed difficult to obtain this kit.

Very nice backdating of that 359 Mr. Chevelleman. I like the way you closed up the back of the cab with checker plate,nice custom bumper in the back, i like the extended exhaust pipes too. Good looking custom you built there. I just noticed the 2 air filters... Nice touch, once connected they're going to be even better.

Now the question: How did you hinge the cab doors?

At that size, Monogram should have thought of opening cab doors along with a poseable front axle and add what, 5 bucks to the original kit price?

Edited by BigBad

thank you BigBad for the complements. for the hinge i used small diameter tubing and a paper clip to make the hinge.

William, Very nice work on the Pete. Are you going to plumb the engine? If you need some good links for the 3408 let me know.

Also I used doll house hinges on mine works fine looks real. Keep up the nice work.

Kenny B.